• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DougDevious

Reaction score
View attachment 2169339

Looks like '70s excess and bad taste to me.
Is it the plaid that puts it over the line? I don't own that suit anymore, that pic was just to show off the shirt and tie combo, which I want to pair with a more conservative solid brown or maybe pinstripe.

kid1002

Reaction score
A heavily worn-in navy linen suit with baby blue cashmere & silk polo…

Silk scarf is from Seven Fold Firenze.

IMG_6891_jpg.jpeg
IMG_6865_jpg.jpeg
IMG_3259.jpeg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of days this week:
View attachment 2170427
View attachment 2170429

and

View attachment 2170433
View attachment 2170435

The keen observer might notice cuffs on my trousers in the first two images. It's true: for the first time in about 50 years I have permitted cuffs on my trousers. It may not happen again.

I like both, trousers with and without cuffs. Besides that detail it seems that the trousers in the first outfit are shorter and slimmer, I clearly prefer the ones in the second outfit, showing great length, width and a beautiful draping.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my wife to take some pictures of my fit today. God bless her.

Jacket: Ring Jacket Meister in Loro Piana 'Summertime'
Shirt: Maria Santangelo for Beams F
Trousers: Auralee
Tie: Atto Vannucci
Shoes: Cheaney full brogue oxfords in oxblood
Watch: Vintage Hermes

View attachment 2171437 View attachment 2171439 View attachment 2171441 View attachment 2171443 View attachment 2171445

I like this soft contrast in an almost monochromatic look. Nice touch of colour in the yellow socks.

kid1002

Reaction score
I like this soft contrast in an almost monochromatic look. Nice touch of colour in the yellow socks.
Thank you for the kind reply.

I actually had trouble pairing this outfit with my shoes to begin with.

Wondering if you think something in vintage cherry or oxblood would have fit better than the dark brown I was wearing here. I did feel that the dark brown shoes were somewhat heavy in tonality compared to the rest of what I was wearing.

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind reply.

I actually had trouble pairing this outfit with my shoes to begin with.

Wondering if you think something in vintage cherry or oxblood would have fit better than the dark brown I was wearing here. I did feel that the dark brown shoes were somewhat heavy in tonality compared to the rest of what I was wearing.

I think that dark brown looks very fine in that outfit. Cherry and burgundy wouldn't look bad either, though.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DougDevious

Reaction score
20240422_165013.jpg
The suits and ties are fun, but this is more the kind of thing I usually wear when I go out to work. (I'm volunteering atm, just trying to get a good word in for a proper job)
I think this outfit would be better with some corduroy pants/chinos instead of black jeans, which is good because I bought some last week. Also this might be a ladies coat, I'm open to suggestions for alternatives.
Nothing else to report other than I recently looked back at my profile and some of the posts I made when I first made this account 2 years ago and felt like I needed to personally apologize for the juvenile, uncouth attitude I displayed back then.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads