• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eviltimeban

Reaction score
All I have thought of so far is a pair of light grey cotton dress pants, blue gingham shirt with the sleeves rolled up (high of 86, 4:30 wedding), and loafers.
That sounds nice to me - light blue gingham, open neck (with maybe an extra button open). If you wanted to go sockless you could, but that mightn't go down well with the cowboy wearing lot...

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1. These pants are too tight, but I got tired of wearing my same gray pants over and over. Plus, I like the fabric on these.
2. Colors are not showing up well. Shirt is gray stripe. Tie is chocolate brown, belt and shoes are tobacco.
3. I hope this navy blazer replaces the poorly fitting one I posted earlier in the season. The shoulders still aren't perfect here, but I think they are much better.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's Friday, sunny and less humid, and I'm making a bright and light end to my week, although you locals don't favor yellow ties. Too bad for you, then.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from the FC. Another 4-pattern thingy...

0mUGJTb.jpg

Noice pic !

9-fold? amze. You know, if u had Tiraleur's photographer you'd break the net with your wears jk. Awsm jacket

Gah, colours are messed up. SC is navy, **** is light blue and tie is charcoal.

sweet loafers

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is how my people dress/ do things, also. I would simply buy a decent looking western shirt from Sheplers online and wear with jeans-- since no cowboy boots I imagine, can prob do with tan chukka boots.

So homeys...I have a wedding question....I know this isn't the normal forum for that, but figured I'd ask real quick..

This weekend I am attending the wedding of a cousin in the rolling hills of south central kentucky (no cousin jokes please). The location is a converted barn that now has events like this. It is located on a horse farm. I was told "casual" is the requested dress. Food is going to be BBQ and miller lite. I have only met the groom about a half a dozen times, and have never seen him without a Cubs or Tractor Supply hat. Other family members are saying to dress like a pro golfer, or otherwise khakis and a polo. There will probably be cowboy boots in the crowd. The groomsmen are wearing khaki dress pants and white shirts.

I just....can't....get...my...head...around....this. I have never been to a wedding where I didn't wear a suit. Any suggestions how to play this? All I have thought of so far is a pair of light grey cotton dress pants, blue gingham shirt with the sleeves rolled up (high of 86, 4:30 wedding), and loafers. Open to ideas. thanks

(by the way I don't have dress khakis, just very casual, lounge with chukkas version)

mcobinad

Reaction score
School requiring one of my boys to disguise in anything. He loves cowboys and therefore decided on the outfit. The cowboy wanted a ride to school this morning on a pony.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Where you been, dude?

---

Evilb - I am not personally feeling the shirt with the rest of that ensemble.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
School requiring one of my boys to disguise in anything. He loves cowboys and therefore decided on the outfit. The cowboy wanted a ride to school this morning on a pony.

You are so lucky to live in the UK, where your son can go to school dressed as a cowboy. Once upon a time, children in the USA could go to school dressed as cowboys, but now that would probably get the child expelled, and possibly taken away from the parents.

eviltimeban

Reaction score
Evilb - I am not personally feeling the shirt with the rest of that ensemble.
Hmm well its a tricky one, its not a shirt I wear very often due to the fact that its so bold and its hard to match things to it.

If anything I feel the tie is risky - the shirt / suit balance is OK and the tie / suit balance is OK, but overall... - I'm 70% happy with the look though, as I feel it is balanced and is coherent.

There's a better tie to wear with this shirt though, I just don't own it yet.
smile.gif

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hmm well its a tricky one, its not a shirt I wear very often due to the fact that its so bold and its hard to match things to it. 
If anything I feel the tie is risky - the shirt / suit balance is OK and the tie / suit balance is OK, but overall... - I'm 70% happy with the look though, as I feel it is balanced and is coherent.
There's a better tie to wear with this shirt though, I just don't own it yet. :)  

i dont think i would ever wear that shirt with a tie, nor a business suit. i never like large ginghams with anything that even leans towards formal. cuffs rolled with chinos would be how i would wear that shirt, or with gray dress pants and a very unconstructed patch pocket SC. just my 2 cents.

--

MF - dat hair tho

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Monkeyface Did you do antiquing to those Meermins or is that how they came?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MariaMicallef