• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CotDock, I think the shirt is too saturated, and the white overcheck is a bit too close to the scale of the windowpane in your jacket. Which, if I'm honest, is probably better as part of a suit. I'm bothering to comment because I liked everything at first glance, but after a moment, I started seeing the issues I raise here.

The shirt doesn't bother me as much as the hank. But my reaction to the jacket was the same as Butchy.
Sorry, CD!

Last edited:

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know that the jacket is inappropriate as a separate. PG used to do that with one of his P. Johnson's all of the time, and while it looked better as a suit, it was passable when separated. I think if it had been done with a barely blue shirt we would not be mentioning it. That there's a conflict in patterns between the shirt and the jacket is what brings up that it's even patterned at all.

beneven

Reaction score
I keep trying haha
biggrin.gif

Feedback appreciated

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I don't know that the jacket is inappropriate as a separate. PG used to do that with one of his P. Johnson's all of the time, and while it looked better as a suit, it was passable when separated. I think if it had been done with a barely blue shirt we would not be mentioning it. That there's a conflict in patterns between the shirt and the jacket is what brings up that it's even patterned at all.

I don't object to windowpane as an odd jacket, but I think it should have a bolder line for that use. Basically, just this side of too bold for a suit would make it better for an odd jacket.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude - any time. fwiw, i own nothing but pleat-less pants these days.

Clags - love the tie

Cotton D - i so wish that shirt was a solid light blue. :)

Last edited:

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't object to windowpane as an odd jacket, but I think it should have a bolder line for that use. Basically, just this side of too bold for a suit would make it better for an odd jacket.

I will give you that the line could be better.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude - any time. fwiw, i own nothing but pleat-less pants these days.

Clags - love the tie

Cotton D - i so wish that shirt was a solid light blue. :)

I too love the Clags tie. It inspired me to grab something similar from Shibumi recently.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I keep trying haha
biggrin.gif

Feedback appreciated

The tie isn't making a great knot. But the biggest issue is that the tie and the shirt are both really busy.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CotDock, I think the shirt is too saturated, and the white overcheck is a bit too close to the scale of the windowpane in your jacket. Which, if I'm honest, is probably better as part of a suit. I'm bothering to comment because I liked everything at first glance, but after a moment, I started seeing the issues I raise here.
The shirt doesn't bother me as much as the hank. But my reaction to the jacket was the same as Butchy.
Sorry, CD!
Cotton D - i so wish that shirt was a solid light blue.
smile.gif

Thanks for the critiques, dudes. I've worn light blue with this rig many times, and I agree it is the safer answer. Trying to work in some POW shirts - any thoughts on how to do so? Or is the POW shirt a lost cause?

I do wish the windowpane was a little more bold, but I think it works as a SC.

@GMMcL - What don't you like the about the square? Its creamy goodness? Its subtle texturing? Its vintagey vintageness?

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That shirt and tie in a tan suit would be just fine all together. Perhaps even a tobacco linen suit as well.

beneven

Reaction score
The tie isn't making a great knot. But the biggest issue is that the tie and the shirt are both really busy.
I was going for "fun" as opposed to "busy" but oh well haha; tie doesn't hold a dimple well for some reason--maybe a different knot would be better?

Thanks for the feedback--much appreciated!
cheers.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the critiques, dudes. I've worn light blue with this rig many times, and I agree it is the safer answer. Trying to work in some POW shirts - any thoughts on how to do so? Or is the POW shirt a lost cause?

i am not sure if this is helpful or not, but i own zero PoW shirts.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PoW shirts are tough, but I do like them with solid ties and sharp suits.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm with Stitches here. I am not entirely sure of the reason, but glen plaid seems to be ideal for suits (and very good for ties too), but just never looks right in shirts, even with plainer suit and tie fabrics. I would be very happy to see examples where it does work, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads