• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's nice Stitchy, including the shirt. Why are your shoes leaving you?

Thank you, buddy. The shirt feels too saturated for me. Ymmv I guess.

The shoes are leaving because they do not fit properly and never really have. I have been trying to just pretend like it's not a big deal, but it is. Part of the GG Barneys sizing fiasco.

:mad:

But on the plus side, I have an incoming replacement pair of GGs from Spoo to cover this shade of brown.

:)

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I was super excited to pick up a pair of sutor mantellassi brown suede loafers in an 8.5. Turns out they're english sized so they don't fit. To the marketplace they go!

Sad day :/

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Barney's fiasco was that they misrepresented the English size of the shoes they were selling. So even though everyone knew their English to size, everyone got a half size too large until they figured out what was going on. Not cool.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What size are you, estitchy?

Oh yes... nice combo too... now the shoes. Hahaha
lol8[1].gif

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Christmas drinks today, last engagement before the focus goes on the children

Cornelianni, Paul Smith, PS unknown, 2 pieces of three piece tweed and CJ apols for pic quality

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What size are you, estitchy?
Oh yes... nice combo too... now the shoes. Hahaha 
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

Lol, im a GG UK11, these are 11.5.

And thanks!

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@upr_crust That really is very impressive, from top to toe, I would never had thought it could have been a maiden bow tie voyage. it looks perfect and you look very much at ease.

I may go out on a limb and say it could well be up there in terms of your top posts

@in stitches I think thats a great combo you got there, again good from top to toe. Particularly liken the tie setting it all off. Shame about the shoes. Shame being they're too big for me!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Butch. James Butch.

---

Thanks, Cleav. Sorry about the shoes.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@upr_crust That really is very impressive, from top to toe, I would never had thought it could have been a maiden bow tie voyage. it looks perfect and you look very much at ease.

I may go out on a limb and say it could well be up there in terms of your top posts

Thank you, Cleav. This is my first time with a bow tie with a three-piece suit - I've otherwise only worn bow ties in the summer, with summer weight two piece suits. The effect with a three-piece is very "retro", but seems to suit me (as to most modes "retro").

I also am of an age in which I need to do things periodically, so that I can remember how to do them (including tieing a bow tie :( ).

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thank you, Cleav. This is my first time with a bow tie with a three-piece suit - I've otherwise only worn bow ties in the summer, with summer weight two piece suits. The effect with a three-piece is very "retro", but seems to suit me (as to most modes "retro").

I also am of an age in which I need to do things periodically, so that I can remember how to do them (including tieing a bow tie :( ).

Well no wonder that you look so self-assured, I beg your pardon, I should have read your post more carefully.

Nonetheless, it remains to be said that the 'retro mode' displayed here is carried off with some aplomb!

With all best wishes to you and yours.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

Jacket - NSM
Shirt -Eidos Napoli
Tie - 60's Brooks Brothers
Trou - Isaia Napol=i
Shoes - Edward Green

FillW

Reaction score
Just a little something...

Khaki blazer
Burgundy shirt
Navy tie
Burgundy/silver/black pocket square

This is atrocious. Seriously, have you been checked for colour-blindness?

You don't have to be a clone of someone on SF, but take a look at several pictures of your favourite SF posters who inspire you to dress well, then ask yourself what it is about their fits that you think looks good. I guarantee none of them combine an all solid fit with such non complimentary colours. It's like you've learned nothing.

Yeah. I took the tie off in the afternoon when everyone left the office. I think it looked much better that way. I think a pink or a lighter red tie would have made it pop more. It wouldn't have been 'classic' in the least, but I think that could have worked.

Expect better things from me starting in the new year. I just set my floor.

I wouldn't worry too much, RTC: SF hates dark shirts (especially with a light jacket, they're a bit "Saturday Night Fever"), and the simplest remedy for the rest is don't wear several solid colours together. I've had that habit myself at times, and although nobody actually pointed to that (more fixated on my terrible pictures, socks or shoelaces, usually), it's something I adopted after looking at pictures on here for a while. A little pattern and texture makes a background and foreground which is pleasing. The exception being formal wear (black/white tie), which is why it has to be black and white.

I don't think a dark shirt/light sportcoat looks bad without a tie. I've seen several guys in this thread who looked great with the look. Maybe a white linen PS would've been better too.

The guy on NCIS wears that look all the time and pulls it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads