• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you noted this is a zegna? if so, I don't think I've ever seen a zegna suit done as well as you have here! looks great

Thank you I appreciate that. It was pretty good when I bought it, but almost everything was tweaked. Collar, sleeves trimmed surgeons cuffs, waist tapered pants slimmed, cuffed and hemmed.

I'm pretty satisfied how it turned out.

beneven

Reaction score
Really like the colors and patterns, nice job!
fing02[1].gif

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cool ... I'm looking for that fabric you bought it ... you already done? Or did you accomplish by a tailor?

The fabric is Hunt & Winterbotham navy melange flannel. Very soft, and an interesting mix of navy/blue colours. It's decidedly a fall/winter fabric, as it wears warm. This jacket was tailored by Luxire, also an affiliate vendor of SF. You can buy the fabric yourself on the Huddersfield website if you like, £54.60/meter.

Last edited:

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fabric is Hunt & Winterbotham navy melange flannel. Very soft, and an interesting mix of navy/blue colours. It's decidedly a fall/winter fabric, as it is wears warm. This jacket was tailored by Luxire, also an affiliate vendor of SF. You can buy the fabric yourself on the Huddersfield website if you like, £54.60/meter.
Thank you for your information. Really. It was a life that I was looking for this fabric ... thank you ... I know it is hot ... but only the outside is flannel, right? I think the interior is of a material that heats up ... right? Excellent choice anyway. That will look good in any pants ...

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for your information. Really. It was a life that I was looking for this fabric ... thank you ... I know it is hot ... but only the outside is flannel, right? I think the interior is of a material that heats up ... right? Excellent choice anyway. That will look good in any pants ...

That's right, the jacket is lined with thermolite, which makes the jacket very warm. Still, from feeling just the fabric it's better suited for the colder weather. I'm thinking of making a winter suit with this fabric, with a single breasted jacket, notch lapel. That way I can wear either that jacket, or this quilted one, depending on my needs.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's right, the jacket is lined with thermolite, which makes the jacket very warm. Still, from feeling just the fabric it's better suited for the colder weather. I'm thinking of making a winter suit with this fabric, with a single breasted jacket, notch lapel. That way I can wear either that jacket, or this quilted one, depending on my needs.
Ah well ... I could think of the technical term of the Interior. But how fabric should be soft and very warm. Let's say I see it more practical and warm jacket. For this I'm looking for. Your idea intrigues me. As soon as you've made mostramela ... I am very interested. Thank you for your answers. I appreciate them very much.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah well ... I could think of the technical term of the Interior. But how fabric should be soft and very warm. Let's say I see it more practical and warm jacket. For this I'm looking for. Your idea intrigues me. As soon as you've made mostramela ... I am very interested. Thank you for your answers. I appreciate them very much.

Here's a fabric close up. It's a bit darker navy in real life, but it shows it's got lots of surface interest.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pseudo action shot.
Blue striped shirt; bronze PoW with red overcheck, courtesy of NY Islander. Shirt collar gap from leaning forward.
This is worth a click 0n the picture to see the enlargement which makes the subtle stripes on the shirt "read". That shirt, tie, and PS are brilliant.

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks of the rather overwhelming thumbs support form yesterday, much appreciated! :nodding:

The is the second vintage Caraceni suit that has been altered and is taken out for spin to determine any further alterations. Absolutely fantastic suits, both cloth and construction is top notch. I'm now also completely sold on roped shoulders and I will definitely be getting that on all my pieces going forward.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really nice suit Ping...the braces take it to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads