• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think this talbot knots rather nicely. I'm wearing black wingtips, but probably should have gone with brown boots (probably the daltons I have).

Scbrown

Reaction score
Thanks for the thumbs yesterday

Just an upper shot today but if anyone was wondering Navy pants and Black Boots

Deets

Jacket: BB
Shirt: Creery Custom Shirtmakers
Tie: Drakes Navy Grenadine (Exquisite Trimmings)
Square: RLPL

Scbrown

Reaction score
Decent tie, and works very well within your preferred style - suited but with some flash - without straying over the edge.

Absolutely not IMO; it would have been far too stark and also too predictable. The grey stripes soften the look just enough.

Partly inspired by recent discussion in a thread about using black knit ties; can't remember which thread tho'. Shirt's a very pale pink, not white; that might not be obvious in the photo. I really like the combination of a casual black tie on a very pale pink background.

L6s9zPV.jpg

Not Sure about that square with it but I like the rest

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rtc, correct, black shoes do not work there.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a bit of paranoia here regarding striped shirts these days, which I suspect is partly fallout from a recent exchange on the so-called “Good Taste” thread. To be honest, most recent examples in this thread, such as Stiches’, all look good to me.

As a man who wears solid navy and charcoal suits quite regularly, I often rely on striped shirts to soften what might otherwise be a too severe look. It depends on the occasion. And I’m not convinced by the symmetry argument advanced on that other thread, by the way. YMMV, of course.

Cheers,

Ac

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitchie and I found a shirt and we could only think of one person. Holdfast.

:lol:

good times. shirt actually looks great with my pants and shoes there. RLPL on sale. to kop or not to kop? hmmmmmmmmm

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's look. Serious business. Haha

I’ve found that slender men can often look a bit overwhelmed in a double-breasted suit peak-lapeled suit, but this one is tailored so nicely that it’s damned near perfect. Really beautiful.

Cheers,

Ac

Taylorstav

Reaction score

I’ve found that slender men can often look a bit overwhelmed in a double-breasted suit peak-lapeled suit, but this one is tailored so nicely that it’s damned near perfect.  Really beautiful.

Cheers,

Ac

Thank you I appreciate that. It was pretty good when I bought it, but almost everything was tweaked. Collar, sleeves trimmed surgeons cuffs, waist tapered pants slimmed, cuffed and hemmed.

I'm pretty satisfied how it turned out.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stitchie and I found a shirt and we could only think of one person. Holdfast.

Aw, you guys!
inlove.gif

Is that the soft/napped brushed silk (not sure of the correct fabric name) one? I think I've actually tried it on; you know me too well. It's pretty fly but didn't fit me all that well. But I did like it.
peepwall[1].gif

Mind you, I wasn't really sure what to wear with it. Jeans, I figured, plus slim black chelseas and maybe a harrington or leather jacket? Or pale grey trousers, and black or burgundy loafers and a solid mid-grey jacket? Trouble is, I don't own any of the above, bar the jeans. I dig wild shirts like that in summer, where almost all of them go well with off-white trousers & something like light brown loafers. But those aren't summer colours.

Yeah, you can tell I liked the shirt enough to actually think through all the above...

Last edited:

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this talbot knots rather nicely. I'm wearing black wingtips, but probably should have gone with brown boots (probably the daltons I have).

I imagine this jacket is very cool IRL. But the scale of the pattern is almost the exact same of the tie, and very close to the shirt. If you are going to with a busy jacket like this, try to tone down at least one of the other items, or else make sure the scales are varied.

And yes, brown/burgundy shoes are the way to go there. I find I only wear black shoes with grey pants or with blue/grey suits these days.

Thanks for the thumbs yesterday, kiddos. This week's Friday challenge is FU jackets. I quickly realized most of my "FU" style coats are for summer wear. So this is about as FU as it gets winter-wise.

Vintage
Kamakura
Carroll & Co. Grenadine
Vintage
HowardYount
AE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads