• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebonyman

Reaction score

I believe this is quote-worthy for a few of reasons.

1) I've learned so much from this site, it isn't quantifiable verbally. The most satisfying thing I've realized here, is what I really like on me; what MY style is. I think that is really the essence of being a member here (at least for me it is).
2) When I look at my closet now, there are very few items that don't fit the way I'd like. Those items are heading to the tailor this summer though in preparation for Fall/Winter.
3) When other people have "misses" with their fits, it helps me look at what I do and helps with my progression.
4) Watching other members progress is one of the coolest aspects of this community. Sure there are drama queens, red-asses, and fragile egos here, but there are some guys that have made excellent progress developing their own style. This can only come from good feedback and taking it to heart. InStitches, Timotune, and mktitsworth come to mind right away. I bet one day, we'll even see Stitches with a PS...one day.
5) I came here initially because I started caring about how I presented myself in and outside of my career. I feel like I've come a long toward that goal, and have progressed to where I'm proud to have found my groove sartorially, even though I still have plenty of progression left. Which is why I still come here and see what the other members are wearing.
6) The last, and by far the most important thing I have learned is that Derek is a phenomenal kisser. Seriously...very good...with a tender touch...and stuff.

Thanks for your post Ebonyman, I appreciated reading it.

^^^ +100! (except maybe the kissy part, LOL)

I haven't posted fits very much, but thought I'd post this outfit I'm wearing today in order to attend my wife's graduation ceremony. She's receiving her second masters in education today. Since it's going to be 1,000 degrees, I broke out the seersucker!

I apologize in advance that the pics are of poor quality. The shoes are tan double monks.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great post IC. :)

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After looking at Butler's pics, I wonder why I even get out of bed in the morning.

I'll be honest, with no disrespect to Butler intended, but I didn't care for it. It's all kind of monotone. Each piece melts into everything else for me. Me wants color!!! Obviously I'm not the best dressed person here by a long shot, but that's my opinion.
peepwall[1].gif

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Spectacular.
thanks man.. Ihear u on the monotone. There's something about gray jackets, Acc to Foo 'they arguably shouldnt exist', and no doubt they hard to pair rite. Cant arguewith Buitlers incredible tailoring tho

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
judging from the pics, i dont think spoo gives a **** what you think about his green/ivory/white.

But that's not the point, is it? I'm sure the guys over at SC & D don't give a **** either, but they still look bad.

Ebonyman

Reaction score
Re Butler:

I wouldn't describe it as monotone at all, but that's just me. In my book it's yet another example of the mans incredible eye for color, texture, coordination, fit, etc. etc..... ,

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
judging from the pics, i dont think spoo gives a **** what you think about his green/ivory/white.

This thread is a public discussion, which means that both those who post their fits and those who make comments are doing so for a wider audience than just themselves or one other person. And, BTW, it's because Spoo so often nails it, that it's worth pointing out when he doesn't. Otherwise we just end up with a a series of fawning, inane, back-slapping comments which have no value in helping anyone dress better. And that is the point, isn't it?

Of course, there are some fits you just can't say anything exept 'wow' to - like Butler's last fit.

Last edited:

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ditched the button down for a t (oh the horror the horror). WIll likely get crushed for this but thought the T worked ok with the linen jacket showcased based on the 90+ temps in NYC today.
Worn with some white linen trousers and KW loafers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads