• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with Ralph Lauren tag?

Ryback

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

My guess is they reused pics in this season's colors that do not have the custom fit label, but if you ordered the shirt it will have it. I believe the one you bought was from the S/S (Spring/Summer) line and the ones currently on the site are from the F/W line, bright colors in spring, darker colors in fall.

Wow, you know your RL lol

I was going through a kaleidoscope of emotions through this thread. What really made me upset was the fact that,

my Saturday was ruined because I had to go to the city for the third time this week (first trip was to look around, second was to buy it and tommorow would have been third trip),

What excuse was I going to have to come up with for returning

What excuse was I going to come up with for removing the sticker on the price tag

I liked this style a lot and had trouble finding it and when you said it was fake, I had to start my search all over again.

Trying to figure out if the other RL stores in my state were "fakes" as well.

Phewww

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread supports the commonly held belief:

Ryback

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of legit RL polos with the colored tape? I can't seem to find them on google images.

Thanks

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have pictures of legit RL polos with the colored tape? I can't seem to find them on google images.
Thanks

Please don't worry about it. I'm certain that the shirt is genuine and, RL being a fashion company, they like changing things from season to season so as to create desire for the new season's products. Please just relax and enjoy wearing the shirt.

Ryback

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Erm, are you like a 48" chest? Because that's what a Polo XL would be. And yes blue label is for girls. I believe that one is the new full figured model.

So if blue label is women's, then why does it say that on my shirt?

And I usually wear Large but since it is custom fit, which is more smaller and tighter than a normal Large, the sales assistant suggested a XL.

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude Ryback, you need to drop it. I told you in the other thread as well, don't pay attention to the ******* tag. Who the **** cares. Does it fit you? Do you like it? Okay now ******* leave.

If you don't like it, return it. I don't give a ****, i have a few of these as well, but got them for dirt cheap during online sales. I layer them and sometimes in the summer they are nice to wear when going to a picnic/park or w/e. But I would not spend more than $45 for it. (That being said the days of insane PRL coupons and stacking have kind of gone away)

RL Classics means its tagged and sent through the supply chain that way. Who cares what RL calls it internally. Classics does NOT equal Classic Fit, its about the shirt model/type/line. You are so ignorant of the "RLM Blue Label" tag that you forget that RLM means Ralph Lauren Men's Blue Label, again internally PRL can essentially be Ralph Lauren Blue Label for Men, you'll notice Women do not have a 'Polo' label -its called 'Blue Label', so if you think of RL in these terms: Puprle, Black, and Blue, there are 3 main labels and Blue constitutes Polo Ralph Lauren for Men. RLPL for men, Collection for Women. RLBL for Men/Women.

If you bought it from a PRL store, it's legit. It looks like one that I have back in my parents home.

Just leave it alone now, forget it, don't mention it again, no need to worry about it, go home, put your shirt on, pop the collar, or w/e it is kids do these days...wait your nearly as old as me.... that's just sad...

Last edited:

gambit50

Reaction score
I am going to settle this by finally flying to Sydney.
I will then go to this fake RL store that sells authentic RL merchandise.
When I go back to return anything not to my liking or standards, I invite
Ryback to join me.
Actually, when I go to purchase, I hope Ryback joins me. At 100 AUD per shirt(on sale no less),
I hope someone else picks up the tab.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd be leery. I'm sure you heard about the fake Apple stores in China.

How do you know it's fake?

I bought it from the Polo Ralph Lauren store in Guangzhou.

BTW needs a bigger logo.

Ryback

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I am going to settle this by finally flying to Sydney.
I will then go to this fake RL store that sells authentic RL merchandise.
When I go back to return anything not to my liking or standards, I invite
Ryback to join me.
Actually, when I go to purchase, I hope Ryback joins me. At 100 AUD per shirt(on sale no less),
I hope someone else picks up the tab.

Lol. How is this going to settle anything?

Btw the store is authentic and the shirt is as well, NORE was just pulling a prank.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads