• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with Ralph Lauren tag?

Ryback

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Here are the wash tags

1CCBC2E6-F7B2-44F2-A187-090A9A226763-2769-00000237E466DE97.jpg

DD23B5FC-B53D-47A8-BFD9-E4685524C344-2769-00000237E95EA1FB.jpg

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shirt is authentic (as well as the store) and the reason it says classics is that this is part of a range of items they have been making for a long time. The "Blue Label" is an internal RL term for Polo Ralph Lauren. They also use PRL. It is a custom fit shirt and the fact that the tag says classics means nothing in relation to that. Enjoy your new shirt, even if you did overpay a mite.

Ryback

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

The shirt is authentic (as well as the store) and the reason it says classics is that this is part of a range of items they have been making for a long time. The "Blue Label" is an internal RL term for Polo Ralph Lauren. They also use PRL. It is a custom fit shirt and the fact that the tag says classics means nothing in relation to that. Enjoy your new shirt, even if you did overpay a mite.

Huh???

How about the collar having color and the pics you showed me??

Ryback

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Huh???

What about the color on the collar and tips at the bottom?

And what about the pics you showed me and links?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I masterfully yanked your chain. Several times. If you need further explanation I can break it down for you categorically.

Ryback

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I masterfully yanked your chain. Several times. If you need further explanation I can break it down for you categorically.

Please break it down for me.

*heart rate returns to normal*

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Please break it down for me.
*heart rate returns to normal*

I began with:

This shirt is clearly a fake.

Then when I had your attention I googled for pics of the shirts without the contrasting tape (which were from a different season) to build believability. I went even further by adding a link to a webstore that sells fakes but uses authentic pics (I would not advise you or anyone to purchase from them).:

The authentic dual match shirts don't have the orange tape under the collar and on the hems, check it:

Clearly the store was fake, also. They have a web shop here

Then I showed you a pic of the boys shirt without the tape and quickly went back into conversation so you wouldn't spend too much time looking at the pic, using your suspicions re the terms "Blue Label" and "Classics" and added a link to the official Polo site to the page with this seasons dual match shirts which don't feature contrasting hem tape:

Nope, look:

All Polo heads know that the Blue Label line was discontinued a while ago. The dual match shirt is a new item and why would the tag say "classics"?
Also, people have taken bootlegging RL to the next level as in opening entire stores that are fake, mostly overseas. The link I provided before is a testament to that, did you see the prices?
Here are the real ones directly on the polo site. The one you have went overboard by adding the orange tape to make it look more authentic but is a clear fail.

Riding the wave of momentum offered by other members (it helped that we obviously love RL as per stuff we're selling) who realized what I was up to I went and did this:

I'm not clicking that link, might upload a virus or something. Also, if you decide to return the shirt don't mention your suspicions about its authenticity. They may not let you leave the store.

I knew you were doing a search so I offered this:

After you stated that your night was ruined, remorsefully I posted this:

Sorry bro.

Ryback

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Lol wtf???

You guys had me fooled good :) I was going to go all the way back to the city and return it tommorow, but I wasn't going to say anything about it being fake.

And NORE, I'm waiting for the in depth explanation lol

Ryback

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I began with:
Then when I had your attention I googled for pics of the shirts without the contrasting tape (which were from a different season) to build believability. I went even further by adding a link to a webstore that sells fakes but uses authentic pics (I would not advise you or anyone to purchase from them).:
Then I showed you a pic of the boys shirt without the tape and quickly went back into conversation so you wouldn't spend too much time looking at the pic, using your suspicions re the terms "Blue Label" and "Classics" and added a link to the official Polo site to the page with this seasons dual match shirts which don't feature contrasting hem tape:
Riding the wave of momentum offered by other members (it helped that we obviously love RL as per stuff we're selling) who realized what I was up to I went and did this:
I knew you were doing a search so I offered this:
After you stated that your night was ruined, remorsefully I posted this:

WOW! Mate that's genius!

I actually play a bit if pranks on friends and family.
I don't mind a prank every now and then and I'm not going to say "you have a lot of free time" or anything like that, because I have went to lengths like these to pull off pranks.

But two more things.

Why don't the shirts on the RL websites have the "custom fit" tag under the "Ralph Lauren" tag on the back of the neck?
And
What season are the colored collar shirts? I want to check and see for myself. ;)

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WOW! Mate that's genius!
I actually play a bit if pranks on friends and family.
I don't mind a prank every now and then and I'm not going to say "you have a lot of free time" or anything like that, because I have went to lengths like these to pull off pranks.
But two more things.
Why don't the shirts on the RL websites have the "custom fit" tag under the "Ralph Lauren" tag on the back of the neck?
And
What season are the colored collar shirts? I want to check and see for myself. ;)

My guess is they reused pics in this season's colors that do not have the custom fit label, but if you ordered the shirt it will have it. I believe the one you bought was from the S/S (Spring/Summer) line and the ones currently on the site are from the F/W line, bright colors in spring, darker colors in fall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads