• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

From now on, we are keeping CE in CE. If someone says something CE worthy, do not respond. PM a mod. Everyone clear on that?

Cheers,

Fok.

Gentlemen - there is a Gun Appreciation Thread in the CEsspool for those who wish to discuss the politics of gun control.

Use it.

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just a heads up for anyone that shoots 9mm. SGA Ammo has Remington Golden Saber for 11.95 a box (10.95 if you buy in bulk). I bought 250 rounds in March, and I'm shocked that they haven't sold out yet. I haven't seen defense ammo that cheap in a very long time. I guess it's probably worth checking out their price on Golden Saber in .45 and .40, too. I no longer have anything in .45 caliber, so I can't comment on how low their price is relatively to others - but I do know that their price on 9mm is ridiculously cheap.

Does anyone here purchase in bulk? I decided to buy just over 1,000 rounds of 9mm so I don't have to pay range prices in the future.

Hard to believe this was only a year ago. I'm hoping to find a S&W 640 in the next couple of months. I really wish I could find one to let my fiance shoot before we buy it.

Last edited:

Apollotrader

Reaction score
Helping a pal look for a used MX8 12 ga. in like new condition. If anyone has a line on one I would appreciate a PM. Thanks, RCC.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I am ready to purchase a shotgun for home defense. I could go buy one for $80 at Walmart, I presume, but any good recommendations on brands/accessories in the $500 range? I plan to purchase a biometric safe as part of my purchase (not included in the $500 budget).

brokencycle

Reaction score

I am ready to purchase a shotgun for home defense. I could go buy one for $80 at Walmart, I presume, but any good recommendations on brands/accessories in the $500 range? I plan to purchase a biometric safe as part of my purchase (not included in the $500 budget).

Now I know you're only looking to spend $80, but you don't want to go read to use out of the box from Walmart. You're going to want to go full bespoke; sure it is going to cost you 100x as much, but you'll like it better and it will be SF approved.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A good old Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 riot gun will work just fine for you. I recently bought the Thunder Ranch version of the Mossberg 500. It has a shortened stock, fiber optic bead and the forearm is accessory ready and it was pretty reasonably priced (less than 400 bucks). They Mossberg and Remington pumps are workhorses.

Fabian43

Reaction score

^ Good advice here
A good old Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 riot gun will work just fine for you. I recently bought the Thunder Ranch version of the Mossberg 500. It has a shortened stock, fiber optic bead and the forearm is accessory ready and it was pretty reasonably priced (less than 400 bucks). They Mossberg and Remington pumps are workhorses.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got an M&P 9mm, a Remington 870 12G, a Colt 6920 AR15... :happy:

Two Stag Arms fully assembled AR 15 lower receivers for custom (play) calibers... and a Colt 1911 .45 ACP and Tikka T3 .308 stainless steel in next week or two...

Before the end of the year I see an AK47, an another bolt action rifle... .338 Lapua maybe... :satisfied:

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I built my first AR-15. Daniel Defense M4 (5.56) complete upper receiver with 16"barrel, foregrip, and quad rails, Riflegear forged stripped lower receiver, Shadow Ops lower parts kit with Magpul enhanced MOE trigger guard, Magpul STR stock, and Primary Arms buffer assembly kit. Added Magpul front and rear backup sights and Ultimate Arms red dot sight. Probably will add a Harris bipod and optics at some point. Also have a billet lower receiver on order. Leaning towards building a 50 beuwolf with it.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This. I'm happy with my 870. Can't go wrong with either. Given the prices, I wouldn't really mess around with anything other than Crane's recs here for your needs.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yesterday I built my first AR-15. Daniel Defense M4 (5.56) complete upper receiver with 16"barrel, foregrip, and quad rails, Riflegear forged stripped lower receiver, Shadow Ops lower parts kit with Magpul enhanced MOE trigger guard, Magpul STR stock, and Primary Arms buffer assembly kit. Added Magpul front and rear backup sights and Ultimate Arms red dot sight. Probably will add a Harris bipod and optics at some point. Also have a billet lower receiver on order. Leaning towards building a 50 beuwolf with it.

That was my plan for one of the lowers. The only thing holding me back is I heard it's pretty hard to find .50 beowulf ammo (Alexander Arms is supposedly the only manufacturer) and is also hard to find re-loading supplies. Another one I've been eyeing is the .458 Socom. Do you have any experience with either ?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got an M&P 9mm, a Remington 870 12G, a Colt 6920 AR15... :happy:

Two Stag Arms fully assembled AR 15 lower receivers for custom (play) calibers... and a Colt 1911 .45 ACP and Tikka T3 .308 stainless steel in next week or two...

Before the end of the year I see an AK47, an another bolt action rifle... .338 Lapua maybe... :satisfied:

We got an AR 30 Target in a couple of weeks ago. My kind of rifle for sure.

This. I'm happy with my 870. Can't go wrong with either. Given the prices, I wouldn't really mess around with anything other than Crane's recs here for your needs.

Yeah if you want to go broke though the Benelli M series are really nice. I have an M1 Super 90 in the gun safe.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the AR-30a1 as I don't like the new stock all that much, but I would like the older version in 308, especially if I can make the brake removable and put a can on instead. Nice little brother to the .50.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That was my plan for one of the lowers. The only thing holding me back is I heard it's pretty hard to find .50 beowulf ammo (Alexander Arms is supposedly the only manufacturer) and is also hard to find re-loading supplies. Another one I've been eyeing is the .458 Socom. Do you have any experience with either ?

Short answer no. Being that I built a 5.56, I was leaning towards the 50 beowolf because I thought it would be pretty badass and liked the youtube videos I saw. Truth be told, I haven't done much research into it Kind of one of those "Oh **** I want that" kind of things. Once I get get serious about building it, I'll do the research into it, including what you've talked about. If it's true that Alexander Arms is the only manufacturer that makes the ammo, and I did notice that the uppers I saw were all made by them, then that's going to be a major red flag. A .308 or a 6.8 makes more sense, and if there are real concerns with the 50 beowolf, I may go that route. I will have to look into the .458 Socom. I wasn't aware that was compatible with a standard lower.

Yeah if you want to go broke though the Benelli M series are really nice. I have an M1 Super 90 in the gun safe.

Yeah I've been eyeing Beneliis for a couple months now. Really want one, but there's just too many other guns that are higher priority for me right now. I am really just starting out my collection. Trying to get the bases covered. I've got the Remington 700, Glock 17, 8mm Mauser, AR-15, and Ruger M77 (.22). A Glock 26, Remington 700 in .30/06, and Ruger 10/22 are in my immediate future along with the next AR build. After that a 1911, .45ACP, and a semi auto shotgun like a MKA 1919 is in the cards. A Benelli would probably have to come after that. Problem is, I live in Southern California so there isn't much of a hunting opportunity here, and I've got to deal with a bunch of bullshit laws that makes it more difficult to decide what you want and limits options.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads