• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys must have ham hands. Berettas are made well but design wise the 92 series generally feel like boat anchors to me.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

You guys must have ham hands. Berettas are made well but design wise the 92 series generally feel like boat anchors to me.

agreed. My father in law just bought one. Kept telling me how comfy it was to shoot...When i got my hands on it i HATED it. made very well, but heavy as hell and too cumbersome to me. And im a huge glock fanboy.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
my go to CCW recently has been my sig 238...love the size, love the build, etc. great little gun for sure. I just dont really like the caliber. I saw the new version in 9mm (P938) and really liked it...but it lists over 800, at that price, i wonder if it would be a better move to move on up to a colt new agent...similar size, and round capacity, but in 45ACP.
Any thoughts on the New Agent or the Sig P938?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

my go to CCW recently has been my sig 238...love the size, love the build, etc. great little gun for sure. I just dont really like the caliber. I saw the new version in 9mm (P938) and really liked it...but it lists over 800, at that price, i wonder if it would be a better move to move on up to a colt new agent...similar size, and round capacity, but in 45ACP.

The New Agent isn't a small gun. The 938 is a great gun. Personally there is nothing wrong with a 380 as long as you have good ammo in it. In the winter I run the BB 100 grain solids in my 238. Penetration is not an issue. That stuff goes right through 31 inches of gel. In the summer any good hollowpoint or a mix of HPs and BB solids works just fine. Too much emphasis is made on caliber size and knockdown power. The real emphasis should always be on shot placement and multiple hits in rapid succession.

brokencycle

Reaction score

Good to hear some love for the p238 because that's what I'm looking at potentially for a carry gun. I've seen deals on the 938 that put it closer to $600, but the 938 is still new, so I think the price will stay high for some time yet.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

The New Agent isn't a small gun. The 938 is a great gun. Personally there is nothing wrong with a 380 as long as you have good ammo in it. In the winter I run the BB 100 grain solids in my 238. Penetration is not an issue. That stuff goes right through 31 inches of gel. In the summer any good hollowpoint or a mix of HPs and BB solids works just fine. Too much emphasis is made on caliber size and knockdown power. The real emphasis should always be on shot placement and multiple hits in rapid succession.

true, the NA isnt as small as the 938, but its pretty damn little and easy to carry. Im very confident in my shooting, and i spend a lot of time with a gun before i carry with it. So if im equally accurate with rapid shots on a .380/9mm/.45.....why not pick the bigger caliber?

FWIW i dont mind carrying a 380 at all. but stepping up to a larger caliber may be fun.

Good to hear some love for the p238 because that's what I'm looking at potentially for a carry gun. I've seen deals on the 938 that put it closer to $600, but the 938 is still new, so I think the price will stay high for some time yet.

i cant tell you how much i like the 238. Originally i had planned on an LCP_..just wanted a pockey .380. I spent time with the ruger, the bodyguard, diamondback, taurus, etc. They all felt crappy and cheap....no sights, and the trigger pull was uncomfortable. When i held the 238, i was sold. quality built, great 3 dot sights, and a fantastic trigger. If youre considering a .380, IMHO its the best choice. more money, but worth it.

AZsundevil

Reaction score
Berettas are so massive to me that I couldn't even imagine carrying one. My daily CCW is a Glock 19 and even that is proving to be a little large now that I've started wearing tighter-fitting (read: PROPERLY fitting) clothing.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Felt this was relevant here. Been listening to it repeatedly lately. Great song.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

AZsundevil

Reaction score
Don't forget that not everyone carries concealed . . .
Assuming you're talking about private citizens and not people who carry for a living such as military and police... It certainly wasn't my intention to spark an OC vs CCW debate. For me and my specific set of circumstances I prefer to be concealed.
smile.gif

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

true, the NA isnt as small as the 938, but its pretty damn little and easy to carry. Im very confident in my shooting, and i spend a lot of time with a gun before i carry with it. So if im equally accurate with rapid shots on a .380/9mm/.45.....why not pick the bigger caliber?

FWIW i dont mind carrying a 380 at all. but stepping up to a larger caliber may be fun.
i cant tell you how much i like the 238. Originally i had planned on an LCP_..just wanted a pockey .380. I spent time with the ruger, the bodyguard, diamondback, taurus, etc. They all felt crappy and cheap....no sights, and the trigger pull was uncomfortable. When i held the 238, i was sold. quality built, great 3 dot sights, and a fantastic trigger. If youre considering a .380, IMHO its the best choice. more money, but worth it.

The two best triggers on small 380s IMO are the Kahr P380 and the Sig 238.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

The two best triggers on small 380s IMO are the Kahr P380 and the Sig 238.

the kahr felt fantastic. It was a strong contender for me, but i found i preferred the design of the 238.....I wanted something kinda 1911-ish again.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

agreed. My father in law just bought one. Kept telling me how comfy it was to shoot...When i got my hands on it i HATED it. made very well, but heavy as hell and too cumbersome to me. And im a huge glock fanboy.

To me it's not too heavy or cumbersome. It's a full size semi automatic pistol that balances and shoots very well. In the realm of things I don't consider it to be a good candidate for CCW but I have carried it in that role already. It's winter so worn with a decent belt slide holster under a heavy winter coat works well. In any case this gun will be used in a role where it will be carried openly. CCW capable was not a factor in my decision to buy it.

Berettas are so massive to me that I couldn't even imagine carrying one. My daily CCW is a Glock 19 and even that is proving to be a little large now that I've started wearing tighter-fitting (read: PROPERLY fitting) clothing. 

Tighter fitting clothes does not mean properly fitted. What is considered a proper fit is dependent on a lot of things. When it comes to CCW that has to be factored into what you wear and how you wear it. Back in the day I used to get away with concealing a 6 inch barreled S&W N frame Highway Patrolman. Pulling that off was no easy task and I learned very quickly it was far easier to hide full sized semi autos. Basically if you want to carry concealed successfully you learn how to dress around the gun whatever it may be.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

To me it's not too heavy or cumbersome. It's a full size semi automatic pistol that balances and shoots very well. In the realm of things I don't consider it to be a good candidate for CCW but I have carried it in that role already. It's winter so worn with a decent belt slide holster under a heavy winter coat works well. In any case this gun will be used in a role where it will be carried openly. CCW capable was not a factor in my decision to buy it.

Quite true. Personally, every gun i consider owning I want to be able to carry it concealed. I guess I feel like its getting used more instead of just sitting on the nightstand. Im sure its a great shooter..with that weight and the 9mm caliber...I just prefer the feel of my glocks..maybe ive spent so much time with them most other stuff just feels uncomfortable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads