• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cognac Cap Toes.

20180912_141045.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm, now I'm wondering if I should get a pair of Diesels in Black CXL or Ottawas in Natural CXL...The Natural CXL looks cool, but is harder to incorporate into my understated wardrobe. How does GS do with CXL clicking and the dreaded loose-grain?
The obvious answer here is, get both! My CXL GS have no loose grain

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wanted to share a photo of the traveler penny wear test I'm wearing today. This is the one suede we will introduce for initial launch. The last adjustments have been helpful so far, fitting similar to our others, about half a size up from TTS.
Shooting for a March release.

View attachment 1034440
Those look very nice, March is just in time for loafer season! A pair of Ottawa’s in that suede would be nice as well :)

Whirling

Reaction score
Wanted to share a photo of the traveler penny wear test I'm wearing today. This is the one suede we will introduce for initial launch. The last adjustments have been helpful so far, fitting similar to our others, about half a size up from TTS.

These do look good. If you spell it Traveller, you can price them 15% higher. :)

Whirling

Reaction score
So, I just decided to get both the Diesel Black CXL and the Ottawa Dune CXL. I also had a nice little chat with Wyatt through their website. I am really delighted to support a company that emphasizes quality and substance over hype and artifice.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, I just decided to get both the Diesel Black CXL and the Ottawa Dune CXL. I also had a nice little chat with Wyatt through their website. I am really delighted to support a company that emphasizes quality and substance over hype and artifice.
You chose wisely. GS is a great company to deal with and I am sure you will love the boots.

monsieurspiffy

Reaction score
Shooting for a March release.

View attachment 1034440

These look amazing. I really like the eye shaped cutout on the penny strap. Am I remembering that the last samples that you showed us were a half-moon cutout? I like both honestly. You guys are building out a very solid product lineup with the addition of a loafer. It really is looking like all my next shoe purchases are going to be Grant Stone. Any chance the loafer will be offered in the British Tan Calfskin?

Also, while I am asking questions about minutiae, what was the reasoning with going with six eyelets on the cap toe balmoral as opposed to the more common five eyelets? I really like the six eyelet look with an American shaped last and was just curious if you had more insight on it / any history to share.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads