• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, guys, that is all very helpful!

Okay, I will give the 10D a try...Now, for a second question, are some of the boots snugger fitting than others due to differences in how the leather responds to the lasting process? I suppose presence or absence of a lining could also contribute. I know I sound like I am obsessing, but I just find myself owning a lot of boots that require thicker socks than I would like (My feet get hot and sweaty so easily...)
I haven't noticed much difference between the pairs I've got.

Whirling

Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and ordered some of the Diesel Castagno Veg Tan boots with rubber soles, in 10D. I am excited to see what they look and feel like IRL. I also very much believe that there is no reason a first-rate factory in China couldn't match the work of a first-rate factory anywhere else, so this is my way to put my money where my mouth is.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and ordered some of the Diesel Castagno Veg Tan boots with rubber soles, in 10D. I am excited to see what they look and feel like IRL. I also very much believe that there is no reason a first-rate factory in China couldn't match the work of a first-rate factory anywhere else, so this is my way to put my money where my mouth is.
The GS construction is on a par, if not better, than any footwear I own. You will not be disappointed with your purchase. And remember GS is an American company, who just happens to have an offshore factory.

Whirling

Reaction score
The GS construction is on a par, if not better, than any footwear I own. You will not be disappointed with your purchase. And remember GS is an American company, who just happens to have an offshore factory.

I have absolutely first-rate footwear from the USA, Britain, Italy, France, Japan, and Mexico. I will be delighted to add some from China.

Your last sentence inspired a political joke, but I won't make it, out of respect for SF.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Cognac pair got the call today...
YYORGLT.jpg

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I don't mean to delve into manufacturing politics but the SF crowd has always seemed respectful and openminded. I believe our quality stems from the materials used along with our factories ability. In my limited experience, China can make very special products with high levels of detail, especially when cost isn't the main focus. We rarely touch upon the USA aspect of our company because our Grant Stone product was developed and made in our Xiamen factory.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't mean to delve into manufacturing politics but the SF crowd has always seemed respectful and openminded. I believe our quality stems from the materials used along with our factories ability. In my limited experience, China can make very special products with high levels of detail, especially when cost isn't the main focus. We rarely touch upon the USA aspect of our company because our Grant Stone product was developed and made in our Xiamen factory.
I stand corrected. Wherever it is, the product speaks for itself, it is superb.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads