• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Giorgio Armani Men's Suit (Pic)

Hanqing Yang

Reaction score
It looks good; wear it in good health!
Out of curiosity, what's the material composition? I remember seeing a solid charcoal Armani on myhabit that was a cashmere blend, but I missed out on it.
It's at least probably half canvassed, if not full. If you like the fit, keep it.

Pin Dot Suit
Mid-weight wool with an intricate pin dot pattern, 2-button front, 3 interior and front pockets; flat-front pant with side welt and back button-welt pockets, zip fly, tailor-ready hem
Fabric: 100% Virgin wool
Lining: 100% Cupro

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You should be able to feel a separate layer in the chest and lapels. The fabric should feel fairly thin when you grab it (separated) in the chest. I'm guessing it's at least half-canvassed, with a good chance of being fully canvassed. How do you know it's not fully canvassed?

Put This On had an article up last week about the near impossibility of differentiating between half-canvassed and fused. Might be worth giving a read.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The labels look right to me. As others have stated, the jetted pockets and full cut trousers are also typical of Armani. I'd say it's legit.

Also I kinda like the suit. Especially at that price. With a bit of tailoring, it should look great.

I know this will garner a bunch of hate, but I actually kind of like some of the polyester and other synthetic blends that Armani uses. :hide:

Hanqing Yang

Reaction score
The labels look right to me. As others have stated, the jetted pockets and full cut trousers are also typical of Armani. I'd say it's legit.
Also I kinda like the suit. Especially at that price. With a bit of tailoring, it should look great.
I know this will garner a bunch of hate, but I actually kind of like some of the polyester and other synthetic blends that Armani uses.
peepwall[1].gif

The original price is $2,195. Do you think it's normal for a GA suit?

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Armani is like Houdini when it comes to fabrics :)

I have a sportscoat that feels like a cashmere blend, and is simply 100% wool, magic...

hermes man

Reaction score
i have a giorgio armani suit , yea their pants is usually baggy (which i altered mine to be skinny) , what about the vent? Giorgio Armani jacket trademark is to be ventless. i think u got crazy bargain there , a GA suit for only 400$usd ...recently i also got some great bargain from local Giorgio Armani store itself but nothing compared to urs , i guess perhaps because u got it from 3rd party seller thus they offer more discount to get rid of the old stock...anyway what i got recently r 200$us for 750$ t-shirt n 100$+ for a 420$usd shirt... they have 60%-70% discounts on previous year fall winter collections n older ( which is like 3 seasons and older )

Last edited:

duggyald

Reaction score
I think the lapels are too wide and the pants too long, but the suit itself looks luxurious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads