• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Can you remove the neckbeard?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
The jacket collar creeps up the shirt collar like anti-gravity lava.

In other words, that collar is planted. I could windmill the arms and the collar wouldn't move.

- B

Is that you looking like Cat Stevens on the picture below?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I didn't bother changing the colors or patterns of anything; I just tweaked the jacket and shirt.

moofoofed3.jpg

Eligius

Reaction score
I think your foofed version are often excellent suggestions. Not sure this one improves much. While I might prefer your new shoulders, they seem to accent the uneveness/asymmetry of build.

Picking nits.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Thanks Foo. I don't know if I like that much of a soft shoulder, but I do like the lapel roll and lower button stance. Cleaned up pants are nice but they'll never lay like that in real life.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mafoo,can you please foof my shoulders here?I posted on WAYWN thread that I am contemplating shoulder surgery (softer shoulders).I'd like your input,realizing that foofing is not always possible in real life.I'd like to see how these will look with soft shoulders:
P1020732.jpg

P1020760.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^^ Forex, those already look really good to me, as the shoulder line already has a nice, natural curve. However, your blue jacket is pulling open funny. Look at the quarters beneath the buttoning point as compared to on your grey suit.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
^^^ Forex, those already look really good to me, as the shoulder line already has a nice, natural curve. However, your blue jacket is pulling open funny. Look at the quarters beneath the buttoning point as compared to on your grey suit.

That's because it is Regular length jacket,I also think it is little short for me,all my subsuquent suits and jackets are Long and don't open like that. Here are two more,I'll post more pictures when I take them. By the way,these are all the same maker so they fit pretty consistent all the time. I still would prefer the shoulders to be different but I think that it is not possible to alter these.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
jphardyfoofed.jpg
I would have liked to widened the lapels, too, but it would have been a pain.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I didn't bother changing the colors or patterns of anything; I just tweaked the jacket and shirt.

moofoofed3.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Thanks Foo. I don't know if I like that much of a soft shoulder, but I do like the lapel roll and lower button stance. Cleaned up pants are nice but they'll never lay like that in real life.

IMO, the original shoulders look better. The shaping of the quarters is better. The roll, well, it is what it is in the original. The position of the buttons is just Foo's weird obsession.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
jphardyfbalance.jpg
Here is what I see as the issue, illustrated in red. The lines of the overcheck should not be curved--but more or less straight and perpendicular to each other. I've highlighted the curvature in red. That they are curved, plus the overlap of the quarters below the buttoning point, suggests the jacket fronts need to be let down some. Doing so would straighten out the lines, open the quarters properly, and lower the buttoning point a tad (I lowered it even more in my edit). Using red arrows, I've indicated where the cloth should go. Interestingly, the quarters naturally opened up to where they are in the edited version just buy rotating the fronts to straighten out the lines. This suggests to me that the jacket was intended to have more open quarters to begin with. Anyway, I think this is what is called a short front balance problem.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've been Foofed yet-- would you mind doing one or more of my pictures? Would be interested in what you do to this one, since I'm still trying to figure out how to wear this pattern/ color in a suit. also looking for Foof-approved shirt and tie combos you might suggest for this [hasn't been altered yet, I need a quarter inch shorter on the sleeves and maybe some neck alterations]

thank you!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
foxxfoofed.jpg

Foxx, I actually think that fits pretty well--as far as I can tell from the angle. It's RTW, right? The only real problems I see are as follows: (1) the collar appears too loose, and (2) the lapels gape open, suggesting to me the jacket is too tight in the chest. I've highlighted the resulting gap in red.

As a personal matter, I'd prefer to see the lapels a tad wider. I've highlighted in green how much wider I think they could stand to be.

Sorry, I didn't do a full foof. That glen plaid is a pain to work with in Photoshop and I figured this method would be just as effectively illustrative.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads