• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I didn't bother changing the colors or patterns of anything; I just tweaked the jacket and shirt.
moofoofed3.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Thanks Foo. I don't know if I like that much of a soft shoulder, but I do like the lapel roll and lower button stance. Cleaned up pants are nice but they'll never lay like that in real life.
Original looks better, IMO. I am not a fan of the
foo.gif
fed lapels and shoulders on that jacket.
jphardyfoofed.jpg
I would have liked to widened the lapels, too, but it would have been a pain.

I understand your disdain for navy trou, but I think they look better than the ash grey you've suggested.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Foxx, I actually think that fits pretty well--as far as I can tell from the angle. It's RTW, right? The only real problems I see are as follows: (1) the collar appears too loose, and (2) the lapels gape open, suggesting to me the jacket is too tight in the chest. I've highlighted the resulting gap in red.

As a personal matter, I'd prefer to see the lapels a tad wider. I've highlighted in green how much wider I think they could stand to be.

Sorry, I didn't do a full foof. That glen plaid is a pain to work with in Photoshop and I figured this method would be just as effectively illustrative.

I think this is more informative

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Thanks Foo. I don't know if I like that much of a soft shoulder, but I do like the lapel roll and lower button stance. Cleaned up pants are nice but they'll never lay like that in real life.

They will, granted you give them to a decent alterations tailor. Most of your trousers have what my uneducated eye would call a seat issue. I assume most of your trousers have excess fabric under the waistband in the back and a seat that is too full. Get that fixed and you will have a much cleaner trouser leg without tightening the actual trouser. Most people here think that slim fit=proper fit. This needn't be the case.

rlx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
They will, granted you give them to a decent alterations tailor. Most of your trousers have what my uneducated eye would call a seat issue. I assume most of your trousers have excess fabric under the waistband in the back and a seat that is too full. Get that fixed and you will have a much cleaner trouser leg without tightening the actual trouser. Most people here think that slim fit=proper fit. This needn't be the case.

+1

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow - talk about a dropped shoulder !

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
Haha little ski racing accident back in the day!

Good for your tailor! You'll always need his services
smile.gif

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette

Hmmm... will look into this. Thanks.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
fred49foofed.jpg

Lot of things needed to be fixed--including the front balance, again. What's going on, foiks?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fred49foofed.jpg

Lot of things needed to be fixed--including the front balance, again. What's going on, foiks?

If this isn't bespoke, things like dropped shoulders/posture really throw the front balance on most coats. In fred's case, his shoulder... and looks a bit backwards leaning.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think sometimes the front balance issue is not as severe as it looks in these photos. Often the camera is placed too low (so the center is below the waist) or the lens creates some barrel distortion (making patterns spherical vs. perpendicular). Also, a lot of people stand too erect when their taking a photo causing the front to lift up.

nevertheless.... I think Foo has done an excellent job pointing out a common fit problem. I really enjoy these Foofed shots and have learned quite a bit about how I want my own stuff to fit.
teacha.gif

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
fred1001.jpg

Please try this one it needs to back to the tailor.....

- The issue is is static photography.. If this was a video of you stationary & camera circling, the back issues won't be so noticeable..
- Also the cloth looks to be soft which just shows up everything
- I learn't this through trial & error with Ethandesu as I would send him pics & say WTF & then visit him & say START AGAIN.. Ethandesu would say WTF there is nothing that bad IRL.. Then he did a small video & BANG! We have a new format..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads