• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

borbor

Reaction score
must resist the navys

must resist.

baldy[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My maiden pair of Carminas and I'm smitten :inlove:

Absolutely gorgeous :slayer: and everything @steveyoo1983 told me they'd be

From start to finish in this MTO Stevey has been excellent. Quality of service is as equally as important as quality of product to me and Stevey and gentlemensfootwear.com delivers, I'll be back!

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, in visiting this Parish and listening to you guys wax lyrical i had no option in the end. They are like slippers too, oh how I wish I could break out my flannel DB Belvest suit too!

Thanks RogerP

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice, Cleav. I just received the same pair from Steve in navy suede. The Rain last is a very good fit for a medium-to-narrow-width foot.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Nice, Cleav. I just received the same pair from Steve in navy suede. The Rain last is a very good fit for a medium-to-narrow-width foot.

True dat. especially as I let Steve talk me through it and he was bang on with the last etc :slayer:

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Medium-to-narrow-width foot? Most here would disagree. I love the Rain last were EG "F" and Alden "E." Very glad you like the shoes, but above is not good information for folks. I do concur they are quite cool looking shoes.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Medium-to-narrow-width foot? Most here would disagree. I love the Rain last were EG "F" and Alden "E." Very glad you like the shoes, but above is not good information for folks. I do concur they are quite cool looking shoes.

Would you prefer that I replace "a" with "my?" I can only describe my own experience. Because feet are unique, nobody should take anybody else's personal experience with shoe fitting as gospel.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Damned by faint praise my friend 'quite'?

The last works perfectly for me, especially as it was my introduction to Rain without trying any example on, just saying.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find the rain last to be a tricky one -

For example, I find the oxford models fit rather tight, yet the wholecut models and monk models in the same last feel cavernous.

And I'm speaking as somebody with a D width foot and a moderately high instep. I'm a 10.5 US btw.

I couldn't even get the laces closed on a size 9 wholecut rain that I tried on, but when I tried 9.5 it almost fell off my foot.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies, I wasn't trying to start a shoe jihad. My only point was similar to above people should be careful with blanket statements about shoe fits. Rain is generally viewed as a wide fitting last and Simpson a narrow fitting one. I believe those are good rules of thumb--but exceptions apply.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member