• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would you want to keep your suede clean? I promise I'm not trying to be an ass.

I purchased a pair of tan suede chukkas. They were sprayed with water repellant or whatever but they have gone from light beige to a sort of medium brownish color with hints of darker colors from denim. They aged beautifully and I was hesitant with the color at first but after seeing it I would be really into a light colored suede.

Also side note I bought a light tan suede strap for my Panerai and it's darkened and gotten scuffed in areas and I love it. Suede is such a fun casual material and when it ages it looks gorgeous in my opinion.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup! With the light colored Dainite like on the Skoat tobacco Chukkas?

That would work for me.

I have zero issues keeping suede clean. I don't wear much denim so that's not an issue for me. And nanoprotector works magic at repelling water and dirt. On the whole, I find suede much easier to maintain than shell.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes!  I think they'd look and feel great with a double dainite or another sturdy double sole.  Fall will be around the corner once they come in :)

The heck with the boot, that gunboat is very cool. I am sure the Rain last will be fine, but the Detroit last appears (pardon the pun) tailor-made for the Scotch-grain leather which I like to see with more rounded lasts. I am not going in on this though.

calidist

Reaction score
The heck with the boot, that gunboat is very cool. I am sure the Rain last will be fine, but the Detroit last appears (pardon the pun) tailor-made for the Scotch-grain leather which I like to see with more rounded lasts. I am not going in on this though.

I need a wide width so last options are limited for me. Plus I really dig the look of the Rain last. The gunboat is definitely bad ass though.

calidist

Reaction score
Allofmyboners.png

Might just have to jump on board too. Especially on the Rain last omfg so good.

Yup -- 973 perf captoe boot on the Rain last. Just got the same boot in Cognac shell and immediately need another :) It is a beautiful and comfortable boot.

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was a single MTO for a client here in SF!
I love Carmina tanker boots (Soller last) and it looks fantastic in grey suede!

Group MTO anyone?? haha

Just sent out earlier today! You'll love them :) Certainly my fav of the bunch but I am bit biased as I have a thing for navy calf (and rain last) ;)

Steve - thank you for the quick action. I saw the tracking info early and it says they will be delivered tomorrow. :D This is great news because my wife will be out of the house all day. :embar:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
All right so we finally took some pics and updated our webstore too!

www.gentlemensfootwear.com

- new arrivals
navy calf quarter brogue (rain)

brown suede doublemonk (simpson)

brown calf doublemonk (inca)

navy calf doublemonk (inca)

restock of full brogue in dark brown calf (rain)

loden suede belt

- group mto arrivals

black calf captoe (rain)
we are now accepting pre-orders for the very same pair! (5uk - 13uk, wide option available)

navy suede wholecut (rain) - 9.5 & 10.5 in stock

cognac shell longwing (detroit) - 8.5 in stock

snuff suede plain toe loafers (uetam)

grey suede tanker boots (soller) - possible group MTO candidate :)

dont forget the code 'extra10' at the chk out:)
Cheers!

Last edited:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would love those plain toe loafers in a different colour! Maybe a blue/grey?
We just ran a group MTO order on the same pair in Rain Last with grey suede.
What UK size do you take? we might have few extra pairs :)

markfjh

Reaction score
UK 7! Would you be able to repost some pics of it in grey suede? Or if anyone has pics of them wearing the shoes.

golfinz

Reaction score
Great lineup Steve! I love that brown suede dub monk in the Simpson last and the navy oxford.....If either one becomes available in my size, you know where I'm at :) There are some lucky customers out there with these new arrivals

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henryvrios