• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jreigen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pics of my pick-ups

Wells, Chestnut Hatch Grain, MH71 last

Arran, Vintage Oak, MH71 last

Side view of Arran double leather sole for JubeiSpiegel

Both of those are absolutely fantastic, I'm extremely jealous. Those Arran's with double sole are perfection. :slayer:

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Amazing photos everyone, really liking the chestnut hatch grain wells, GMTO?

If the price was right I'd be down. I don't have a PTB (although those aren't really bluchers).

Is the chestnut hatch grain really orangey? I generally hate orange tans but that one looks like a rich lighter brown with more red than orange if that makes any sense. Might just be the lighting.

Last edited:

dlind

Reaction score
Same as my sinatras (e), but wouldn't have minded a g if there was one. Can probably tighten lacing a bit more and they do stretch a bit. If nothing else, I don't think I will have a big problem turning it here or on eBay for 250.
What size are they? if they end up not working out I may very well be interested :)

p.henrik

Reaction score

What size are they? if they end up not working out I may very well be interested :)

8.5E. Dean thought they would stretch and also offered to stretch them for me so think I'm holding on to them. The Mrs loves them for some reason...

dlind

Reaction score
8.5E. Dean thought they would stretch and also offered to stretch them for me so think I'm holding on to them. The Mrs loves them for some reason...
I think the question should be, why wouldn't she love them
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Seeing all these pictures makes me even more annoyed that I won't be back in London until Monday, worst timing ever!

nmoore82

Reaction score
Went back today as I heard a rumour Timothy Everest had restocked.

Thought that whilst I was there I'd check out what was left in the G&G room... and ended up buying another pair.

Will post a new picture a bit later when I get home but to whet your whistle, they're a pair of Mayfair double monks in vintage cherry on the TG73.

As an FYI there are still some shoes left and some absolute gems in 8 - 8.5 too - would love to be the owner of the Rothschild in midnight blue that hadn't found a home yet - this was an 8.5E (unfortunately just a little too tight for my feet).

Bought a couple of pieces from Everest too. No suits, which is what I was hoping for but did get another white shirt, camel jacket and bespoke trousers.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone willing to proxy? I'm in Glasgow but on nights and can't get to London.

8.5uk

Last edited:

dlind

Reaction score
Just like everyone else i'd love a proxy, I won't be back in london until tuesday...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads