• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

jas0nt

Reaction score
How does one pick up bespoke items off the shelf? Does that mean the shoes are modeled off someone else's foot? :paranoia:

Also, if someone proxies for me am happy to pay them 20% of the cost for their time :) (8F - interested in brown oxfords and Hoves)

Last edited:

tomrakewell

Reaction score
How does one pick up bespoke items off the shelf? Does that mean the shoes are modeled off someone else's foot?
patch[1].gif
Of course that is what it means ... no worse than RTW unless that someone else's foot is completely misshapen. These happen to fit me perfectly (better than the RTW version), so I'm happy.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does one pick up bespoke items off the shelf? Does that mean the shoes are modeled off someone else's foot? :paranoia:

Also, if someone proxies for me am happy to pay them 20% of the cost for their time :) (8F - interested in brown oxfords and Hoves)

that's a generous offer! You're close to MSRP prices there. :)

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"So, for those of you not able to make it at all, we have both decided to offer up what is leftover after the sale, so not to worry too much. It will take about a week to rearrange it all, but for those of you with serious inquiries you can email me at [email protected] or G&G at [email protected] .

G&G asked to give it about a week before emailing and I will make a proper post of it soon listing out what will be available.

For those of you in or around London and yet to make it, you better hurry quick before these goodies go!"

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2014/08/the-sample-sale-updates.html

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Proxy Suggestion:

Hey guys,

Why don't we come up with a coordinated proxy? That is, let's try to find one point of contact for the proxy and combine our proxy fee for him/her.

So I propose we offer 5-10% proxy fee to anybody who's interested.

What does everybody think about that?

rc121

Reaction score

"So, for those of you not able to make it at all, we have both decided to offer up what is leftover after the sale, so not to worry too much. It will take about a week to rearrange it all, but for those of you with serious inquiries you can email me at [email protected] or G&G at [email protected] .

G&G asked to give it about a week before emailing and I will make a proper post of it soon listing out what will be available.

For those of you in or around London and yet to make it, you better hurry quick before these goodies go!"

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2014/08/the-sample-sale-updates.html
Thanks VR! fingers crossed...

jreigen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Proxy Suggestion:

Hey guys,

Why don't we come up with a coordinated proxy? That is, let's try to find one point of contact for the proxy and combine our proxy fee for him/her.

I think they should find me some UK 10E's! :nodding:

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Proxy Suggestion:

Hey guys,

Agree!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads