• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

congrats  it's a great looking shoo    I think I missed delivery of my hatchgrain version today

Ah, you ordered the 10 from SkoAB? I ordered the 6.5 and mine is still stuck in customs limbo. Surprised no one else wanted it besides us.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Now wearing my Gaziano and Girling MTM Oxford Brogues everyday, but they're nowhere near as comfortable as my Lobb of St James black mid box boots, think if I buy more G and G I'll have to go fully bespoke:)

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GG Hove MTO, picked up today from the post office:
I'm very pleased with the details, and i like the contrast from the black sole and lacings. This is my first MH71 last GG, and i'll be honest, it's hard for me to see the difference from my other TG73 last shoes. I'll have to compare them side by side some more later. Thanks to Skoak for the great service
thumbs-up.gif

Awesome. And I can only concur with whats been already said: they look very nicely proportioned for a G width. Congrats and wear in good health!

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn you @NAMOR the more i look at the MH71, the more i like it. It has this slight round tweak to it's edges, just a subtle hint of classic to what would otherwise be the TG73. Ow bother, might have to rethink a few upcoming MTOs, haha... :happy:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

congrats  it's a great looking shoo    I think I missed delivery of my hatchgrain version today

Beautiful, looks like a normal width shoe! :slayer:

Congrats! Those look great

Congrats Jubei...you've been wanting those for a long time now...

Awesome. And I can only concur with whats been already said: they look very nicely proportioned for a G width. Congrats and wear in good health!

Thanks everyone, i'm very pleased with them. :slayer:

rc121

Reaction score

"So, for those of you not able to make it at all, we have both decided to offer up what is leftover after the sale, so not to worry too much. It will take about a week to rearrange it all, but for those of you with serious inquiries you can email me at [email protected] or G&G at [email protected] .

G&G asked to give it about a week before emailing and I will make a proper post of it soon listing out what will be available.

For those of you in or around London and yet to make it, you better hurry quick before these goodies go!"

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2014/08/the-sample-sale-updates.html
any updates on the leftover samples being made available?

p.henrik

Reaction score

Damn you @NAMOR the more i look at the MH71, the more i like it. It has this slight round tweak to it's edges, just a subtle hint of classic to what would otherwise be the TG73. Ow bother, might have to rethink a few upcoming MTOs, haha... :happy:

Hard to tell those hoves (gorgeous btw) are mh71 and not tg73. - I think it's all the stitched toe details. Looking at the arrans posted a few pages back it a so obvious they're mh71. For me tg73 is the best rtw last out there.

Last edited:

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just came home and my hatchgrain hoves were unexpectedly sitting at my door! Sweet!

Cool, I was just looking at those on the Skoaktiebolaget website. Very nice!!

If I wasn't getting a pair of Dovers in Mahogany CC, I probably would have gotten the Hoves.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cool, I was just looking at those on the Skoaktiebolaget website. Very nice!!

If I wasn't getting a pair of Dovers in Mahogany CC, I probably would have gotten the Hoves.

I got both. Overkill probably.

I took a couple pictures but then I went inside because I felt embarrassed when my neighbor saw me taking pictures of my shoes in the driveway so I went inside and now it is too dark. Have to take some better ones in the morning and post them here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads