• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Besides

I got both. Overkill probably.

I took a couple pictures but then I went inside because I felt embarrassed when my neighbor saw me taking pictures of my shoes in the driveway so I went inside and now it is too dark. Have to take some better ones in the morning and post them here.

Considering the number of shoes and boots I have, I'd be hard pressed to say overkill. Besides those Hoves look really tempting.

Last edited:

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^I'd like to see some real life pics of those hatch grain Hoves as well. I just pulled the trigger on a pair today.:slayer:
Pics please :lurk:

Gaziano & Girling Oak Hatch Grain Hove

seagull

Reaction score
Rather late to the party but here's a quick iPhone shot of my acquisition at last week's sample sale:
Deco Coopers in Chestnut pingrain.

A good find and worth the hour's queuing at 8 in the morning (only time I could make it there so I was with the hardcore guys I guess!

armsignet

Reaction score
Rather late to the party but here's a quick iPhone shot of my acquisition at last week's sample sale:
Deco Coopers in Chestnut pingrain.

A good find and worth the hour's queuing at 8 in the morning (only time I could make it there so I was with the hardcore guys I guess!

Wow. Those are fantastic shoes. The color and grain go together very well, and a fine Deco last to boot. Congrats on the find.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, yes, the lighting in my house was bad and I wanted to get some daylight. Snuck a few pictures in there before the neighbors had time to snicker again... Might be paranoid but my friends make fun of me and say I have a "shoe fetish" which sounds incredibly misleading.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks, yes, the lighting in my house was bad and I wanted to get some daylight. Snuck a few pictures in there before the neighbors had time to snicker again... Might be paranoid but my friends make fun of me and say I have a "shoe fetish" which sounds incredibly misleading.

and youre gay because you like to dress well and look after your appearance

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

same here! :fistbump:

happy holidays to you as well nick. that is great news.

and let me say thank you for all your help, insight, pics, and expertise you bring to the table here. we are all better off for it.

classic! cant believe its almost 2 years

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So, i have nailed down the details to my Hove MTO, and have prepared the following mock-up:

MH71, vintage oak calf, black contrast stitch (as well as welt and lining), & 3 eyelet version (taking advantage of the old MTO edit policies).

I will admit, i am not sure if i am over designing this one. I like the idea of a 3 eyelet hove, but i'm not sure if the spacing will look ok. Even the contrast stitching looks a bit much on some days to me. This will be my last GG this year, and i guess i am tethering between a classic staple, or something with a little more unique character.

Opinions are very much welcome...

looks great! :slayer:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
does GG still offer 3 piece trees for their rtw models? read on the GG site that they are factored into the price of bespoke boots

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
good point. i dont see boot trees on his site anymore

@Nick A

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads