• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fragrance Appreciation

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dscn9509lw5.jpg
dscn9508lp7.jpg
Bois de Portugal cologne combines cedar, sandalwood, vetiver and lavender.
dscn9505dy1.jpg
1805 has a fresh oceanic fragrance that smells lovely and invigorating. Top notes of Bergamot, Mandarin and Cardoman are combined with Lavender, Geranium, and Clary sage to form the heart which rests on a base of Sandalwood, Cedarwood and Musk. http://www.groominglounge.com/th-col18.html

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dscn9506uv9.jpg
Spicy, light, and captivating, Trafalgar reveals its distinguished heritage with top notes of cedar and sandalwood complemented by subtle hints of jasmine and spice.
dscn9512ji3.jpg
Bouquet de la Reine -- cool green topnotes of violet leaf and blackcurrant buds with the enticing soft fruitiness of fresh peaches combine with jasmine and rose entwined with exotic tuberose and ylang ylang as the radiant floral heart unfolds and leads to the base of sandalwood, vanilla and oakmoss. A radiant floral bouquet reintroduced by Floris to market the Golden Jubilee of Her Majesty The Queen. Topnotes: Bergamot, Blackcurrant Buds, Peach, Violet leaf Heart Notes: Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Tuberose, Ylang Ylang Base Notes: Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Vanilla Year of Launch: 1860; re-introduced in 2002
dscn9515li5.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dscn9511gh9.jpg
Fresh and masculine, this modern men's fragrance Floris Santal fuses citrus and herbal notes for an effortlessly stylish scent. Black Peppercorns, Cardamom and Sensual woods complete the beautiful balance for the creative, inspired gentleman.
  • Top Note: Black Peppercorns
  • Heart Note: Cardamom
  • Base Note: Sensual woods
dscn9510ne7.jpg
Refreshing, effervescent, and zesty, West Indian Limes has lively top notes of lime, lemon, and bergamot combined with a heart of petit grain, neroli and citronella resting on base notes of orange-flower and clove.
dscn9514zi5.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dscn9517ld2.jpg
dscn9516hl0.jpg
Creed Original Vetiver evokes the relaxed sophistication of summers in the South of France. • Top notes of ginger, mandarin, and Italian bergamot. • Middle notes of vetiver, sandalwood, and iris. • Base notes of musk and ambergris. http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store...mId=prod380028

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
amerikajinda--

Dude, seriously-- that is the most elegant collection of cologne I could imagine, and I can imagine quite a bit. damn! nicely done!

Is one of your Floris colognes Number 89? If so, can you comment on this scent?

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DeaconBoogie
Serge Lutens "Muscs Koublai Khan" is a winner for those who want something different. It's fairly difficult to find as it's only solid is Paris. It's also accordingly pricey.

From one review: "Muscs Koublai Khan is part of the exclusive Serge Lutens collection available only at the boutique in Paris. Its exclusivity should never be considered as an obstacle, however, and every self-respecting perfume fanatic absolutely must try this scent. "Luminous and feline", the only two and very fitting adjectives used in its description, Muscs Koublai Khan has become a sort of informal gold standard of stink (or, to be more appropriate, the level of animalic notes) in perfume. Fondly labeled as MKK, it is the ultimate animalic scent brought to olfactory sophistication. It is indeed the Emperor of Musks, in all its ferocious charm."

Definetely not a scent for a beginner. If you can wear it often and not freak people out - kudos to you.

leon12

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
amerikajinda--

Dude, seriously-- that is the most elegant collection of cologne I could imagine, and I can imagine quite a bit. damn! nicely done!

Is one of your Floris colognes Number 89? If so, can you comment on this scent?

No. 89 turns right to "baby powder" on me..

AB69

Reaction score
Man all this hype bout this Creed cologne am just gon go ahead and get it......DAMN! That Millessime one but how come the bottles don look like this....
CreedImperiale_w.jpg

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
amerikajinda-- Dude, seriously-- that is the most elegant collection of cologne I could imagine, and I can imagine quite a bit. damn! nicely done! Is one of your Floris colognes Number 89? If so, can you comment on this scent?
Thank you! I've been spending a lot of time on basenotes.net and also at the counter of Neiman Marcus, where they have like 30 different bottles of Creed on display for you to try (including that gold bottle someone posted above). I don't have Floris No. 89 (and as a matter of fact, I've read that Floris will no longer carry men's scents in the States
confused.gif
), but one of my favorite scents which I forgot to include in my pics above is Fresh's Cannabis Santal -- I really recommend this one. Here's a link to it: http://www.uncrate.com/men/body/frag...annabis-santal I really want to try that ADP's Mandorlo di Sicilia you recommended - thanks for the tip!

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AB69
Man all this hype bout this Creed cologne am just gon go ahead and get it......DAMN! That Millessime one but how come the bottles don look like this....
CreedImperiale_w.jpg

Mine is the "Bois du Portugal"... and the one you pictured is the MillÃ
00a9.png
sime ImpÃ
00a9.png
rial... There's also a Tabaróme MillÃ
00a9.png
sime... and Virgin Island Water, 2000 Fleurs, Erolfa, Fantasia de Fleurs, Fleurs de Bulgarie, Fleurissimo, Green Irish Tweed, Green Valley, Himalaya, Irisia, Jasmine Imperatrice Eugenie, Love in White, Neroli Sauvage, Original Santal, Royal Delight, Royal Water, Silver Mountain Water, Jasmal, Spring Flower, Tubereuse Indiana and Vanisia.

samurai

Reaction score
I love Bill Blass Men's Cologne, but only have one bottle left. It was discontinued about 15 years ago, and I've been searching for "new old stock" ever since.

It comes in a square shaped bottle with a long neck, is a nice orange - amber color. The scent is amber, a touch of woody musk, but fresh and bracing.

Anybody familiar with this one? Larry

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been spending a lot of time on basenotes.net and also at the counter of Neiman Marcus

yep, no better place in the USA to get colognes, in my opinion-- unless you go for the specialty scents found at truefitt, geo trumper, etc. what a great selection of creed, ADP, etc.! I'm also fairly sure a person can walk out with a small bottle of most any scent they really enjoy for around.....$75 or so?

jsherman02

Reaction score
I've been spending a lot of time on basenotes.net and also at the counter of Neiman Marcus

yep, no better place in the USA to get colognes, in my opinion-- unless you go for the specialty scents found at truefitt, geo trumper, etc. what a great selection of creed, ADP, etc.! I'm also fairly sure a person can walk out with a small bottle of most any scent they really enjoy for around.....$75 or so?

Creed starts at $125

leon12

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
as a matter of fact, I've read that Floris will no longer carry men's scents in the States
confused.gif
),

Floris stopped distributing in the States themselves.
http://www.shoplondons.com/ is now the US distributor.

This thread need more Penhaligon's!

When my Opus 1870 gets here Tuesday, I'll post a pic of my collection..

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jsherman02
Creed starts at $125

my bad....creed would def be an exception. NM online lists creed scents from $110 and up, but several of the ACP and similar colognes seem to be in the 60-100 range I think.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahholbrook122