• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

emptym

Reaction score
I just received a couple shirts by a new MTM outfit, Luxire:

The name is slightly gimmicky, but the shirts are great. At the cost they're being offered at, I predict an explosion of them on the forum.

Full disclosure: As I do many times per day with commercial posts, I deleted one of from Luxire and sent them a notice about advertising on the forum. I also checked out their website and googled them. The only thing I found was that Andy had recommended them... But their website promised low prices, quick shipping, fancy fabrics (The checked shirt is Monti and the white one, Getzner.), as well as a detailed measurement system. I emailed them a couple questions (unlined, unfused collars? Yes.), and I received very thorough, satisfactory answers.

So I paid the intro prices and I ordered two shirts, one with a spread-collar and one BD. That was last Saturday. The shirts arrived this morning. The fit out of the box is excellent. The fabric is pre-shrunk, so I think that'll still be the case after I wash and wear them.

Edit: After a warm wash and hot tumble dry, they fit exactly the same. I'll post more after I've had a chance to wear them.

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score

Is that the "semi-spread" collar?
Yes. I like it a lot, and so I've ordered a few more. Here are pics of the the shirts after the wash and dry: The checkered shirt wrinkles less than the Getzner "warzone" oxford, which is still nice. Some of the wrinkles may be from rushing to change and tuck in my shirt when my wife agreed to take the pics. Not sure why I buttoned the first shirt all the way up and not the second. For the next order, I've asked for a few minor changes. The only one of interest to others is the buttons. These came with Austrailian river mop, which has a very flat, white color. The owner, Ashish, told me that they're expecting a shipment of Australian sea mop that will be more iridescent, and I've requested those for this order. They're working on other changes, such as optional hand-sewn buttonholes, shanks, and seams.

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross posted from my affiliate thread but though you guys might appreciate some if the samples I just received in, for my first range of shirts due to be released in August. Collar points on the cutaway will be shortened slightly.

These are Made in Italy, beautiful cottons, nice thick MOP buttons and a slim fit. All for about $109.95 AUD.

emptym

Reaction score
Those look very nice, CW.

SB, yep, I measured a couple of my favorite shirts and sent in the measurements I thought were best. Then I sent a note with couple of other specifications not currently covered in the website, such as collar measurements and construction. To my eye, the construction's on par w/ Mytailor and other good MTM shirts. But the current pricing, which includes all costs such as 2-day FedEx shipping, is unbeatable imo.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll probably order a couple this week. I was considering the warzone as well. Does it feel like a workable year-round weight for SF?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Mark, I'm really not sure about the fit, especially on the grey shirt. The sleevehead seems to be quite far out on your shoulder, really onto your upper arm, while there seems to be a lot of excess fabric around your waist and in the sleeves. IMO I'd narrow the shoulders and slim down the waist and sleeves.

I'm looking forward to getting a look at those swatches!

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cross posted from my affiliate thread but though you guys might appreciate some if the samples I just received in, for my first range of shirts due to be released in August. Collar points on the cutaway will be shortened slightly.
These are Made in Italy, beautiful cottons, nice thick MOP buttons and a slim fit. All for about $109.95 AUD.

Very handsome, but I wouldn't have the collar stitching so close to the edge. It's trendy bordering on unfortunate...

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very handsome, but I wouldn't have the collar stitching so close to the edge. It's trendy bordering on unfortunate...

Thanks for the feedback, but I really quite like them like this. These are just samples but more than likely production will proceed like this. I see your from Oz too, and I've had dozens of Herringbone shirts (I used to work for them) and they have the stitching much further in and I'm not a great fan of it, or maybe I'm just tired of it and want a change or to release something different. MJ Bale make them the same way and probably out of the same factories. It definitely doesn't give as cleaner look at the collar and invites a lot more puckering when ironed having the stitching further out from the collar. We'll see though. I need to wash and iron the samples a few more times yet.

Lovely collars.

Those look very nice, CW.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads