• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TimothyF

Reaction score
Self-interested PSA: I have a Filson 258 (padded computer case) in tan to offer. Filson-branded zipers, but the old logo label, so I'm guessing pre-2012 ish? It clearly announces the twill is 22 oz (no ifs ands or buts).

New with tags and booklet. I understand Filson no longer produces these, and they are harder to find new. Full disclosure: this is an in-store item, sitting in a shelf for god-knows-how-long, so please don't expect pristine condition, but rather mild effects from being displayed all these years. (And why should this be a problem for lovers of "patina"?)
1697510922598.jpeg
1697510964333.jpeg
1697510984644-jpeg.2049445
1697511074731.jpeg
1697511115672.jpeg

So please feel free to send me your best offer! It is currently residing in Toronto Canada

Attachments

• 1697510984644.jpeg
    1697510984644.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 728

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@GzStudio @TinMan3 or anyone else. Need some information on the Filson X Nanamica material. Preferably the zippered tote. I know it’s not as durable as Rugged Twill, especially the 22oz variety, but I can’t find much information on it anywhere really. How durable is it long term? It looks like a form of a waxed or treated canvas. How does it compare dimension wise to the MiUSA relative? I read somewhere that Nanamica resizes it’s collaborations. The leather is absolutely breathtaking, but I’ve read on older posts here that it’s of a lighter/thinner stock compared to the mainline offerings.

67D60889-2235-411F-8436-D6FE63FDF56C.jpeg

Last edited:

GzStudio

Reaction score
@GzStudio @TinMan3 or anyone else. Need some information on the Filson X Nanamica material. Preferably the zippered tote. I know it’s not as durable as Rugged Twill, especially the 22oz variety, but I can’t find much information on it anywhere really. How durable is it long term? It looks like a form of a waxed or treated canvas. How does it compare dimension wise to the MiUSA relative? I read somewhere that Nanamica resizes it’s collaborations. The leather is absolutely breathtaking, but I’ve read on older posts here that it’s of a lighter/thinner stock compared to the mainline offerings.

View attachment 2050229

From what I remember, it wasn't far off if not the same as the regular twill used at the time. I wouldn't have any hesitation to keeping one long term. Green was my favorite as the contrast with the leather was completely awesome....

singjai

Reaction score

View attachment 2050229
My girlfriend has been using the blue one as work bag everyday for the past two years (saw it in the closet and swiped it as her own) and it has held up really well. I'm still surprised how good it still looks every time I see it. I'm pretty sure the dimensions are the same as the normal tote but it is made of a (arguably) softer canvas that's not rugged twill but still plenty durable. Leather in my opinion is better quality than the standard bridle leather from that era and is the same thickness or slightly thicker than my talon briefcase.

This is an old pic but gives you an idea of how the bag will likely age after some heavy use.

IMG_0291.jpeg

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend has been using the blue one as work bag everyday for the past two years (saw it in the closet and swiped it as her own) and it has held up really well. I'm still surprised how good it still looks every time I see it. I'm pretty sure the dimensions are the same as the normal tote but it is made of a (arguably) softer canvas that's not rugged twill but still plenty durable. Leather in my opinion is better quality than the standard bridle leather from that era and is the same thickness or slightly thicker than my talon briefcase.

This is an old pic but gives you an idea of how the bag will likely age after some heavy use.

View attachment 2050905

Thanks for the reply. I agree the leather looks choice on any of the colorways. That’s a nice collection you got there, really like the briefcase!! Like the new avatar photo btw!

From what I remember, it wasn't far off if not the same as the regular twill used at the time. I wouldn't have any hesitation to keeping one long term. Green was my favorite as the contrast with the leather was completely awesome....

Thanks GZ! I missed out on an real clean Nanamica Green 261 for $258.

EEFA7A52-F733-4320-B2B4-1F4CB9F74F8F.jpeg

I’m not sore over it though, picked up a first edition YKK 261 in Otter Green for a steal of a deal. My first ever repeat Filson.

697B14FB-E48E-4D38-B0CE-2E05F669DB39.jpeg

This is going to serve me well as my cigar lounge bag. In other words, this will be a permanent addition to my collection since it will take on an aroma that will be tough to sell.

BEB314AB-67D6-4F18-BBFF-162C5B09F157.jpeg

Paid $212 from a seller out in Portland, OR. I think this is the most Filson bags I’ve had at once, it pains me to say that as an aspiring minimalist.
Talon 257 (OG)
YKK 258 (OG)
Talon Large Pullman (OG)
YKK 261 (OG)
Talon 264 (Tan)

48805BEB-A67C-4463-81BA-A9EDDBC9547D.jpeg

The sueded leather is a bit dry so I’m gonna condition it with the Horween VSC I just ordered

04D3322D-FE33-4927-AA9A-B268F8474A77.jpeg

Last edited:

Stormy Sky

Reaction score
Huh, this thread is still going after all these years. It's been a while since I've been around. I'll have to take a few pics of my now 10 year old field photography bag or something. LoL!

BLNDRWMN

Reaction score
Latest pickups. Paid $100 for a small duffle in Flag Blue and $80 for a small field bag. The grey gunmetal hardware Filson makes is so nice on the duffle. Matches the black leather well. Not sure what's staying, kinda jumped feet first once I saw these posted locally.
View attachment 2056409
Oh wow great finds! The Flag Blue is a stunning colour against the black leather.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got to commend Bedrock Filson for adapting and trying out a new strategy. Will it work, time will tell. It may be new to them, but to the dedicated regulars of this forum, the trendsetters, it is not a new idea.

An homage to the past. Below are some "new" labels Filson is showcasing on some of their new Garment and Luggage pieces. You will see a comparison to the original label that inspired such nostalgic marketing.

Filson Old Label 5.PNG

First you will see the differences between Filson's new and imported Forestry Cloth Cruiser Label compared to my very own 1960 Style 16. I know I don't have to point out the key differences.

Filson Forestry Cruiser 1.jpg

Next up is the classic Motto Tag from the newest stock from Filson.

Filson Old Label 3.PNG

You can see the subtle differences between this and my mid 1990's Talon 257 Motto Tag.

IMG_4642.JPG

Switching gears over to the understated and rare Sportsman Coat, circa 1960's (according to this listing)

Filson Old Label 6.PNG

Compared to the mock version currently for sale on Filson's website

Filson Old Label 2.PNG

This last Label isn't from any specific garment item but an array. It was commonly featured in the 1990's and early 2000's, as depicted in this photo.

Filson Old Label 8.PNG

Just as it's older cousin, Filson isn't prejudicial when choosing what this label will represent.

Filson Old Label 9.PNG

Last edited:

Sappy

Reaction score
I got this Talon 258 off Ebay probably 6 years ago. Can’t get enough of the OG bags. Not sure on the actual age but it was in amazing shape and remains still.
IMG_0711.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0712.jpeg
    IMG_0712.jpeg
    376.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0710.jpeg
    IMG_0710.jpeg
    638.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0709.jpeg
    IMG_0709.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0708.jpeg
    IMG_0708.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0706.jpeg
    IMG_0706.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 141

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads