• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

F/W around the corner, what will you look like?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
GS, I think the tb for bb is going to be insanely priced so that cricket sweater is out. Got my eye on this one for next spring

junyaiz6.jpg

This collection is oneof the best of SS08, along with Raf Simons. Definitely a lot of interesting pieces to choose from. I dig the wrinkled suits the most.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought this Paul Smith coat today in a dark olive green.
p6xd-475g-379-e-12216.jpg
p6xd-475g-379-e-detailc-12219.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
nice coat Stazy, post a pic wearing it! Jet...yea man that's a cool tennis jumper....I liked this one even more (the cardigan):
00390m.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
goddamn socal.

I wanna pick up the the trench from NDG and the herringbone norfolk from EG...

But I'm wondering if I'll get any use out of them in SF...

Oh come on, you can get away with outerwear in the Bay Area.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
nice coat Stazy, post a pic wearing it!

Thanks. I'll be sure to post some pics once I get it back from the tailor.

lowrey

Reaction score
I'm hoping to find a pair of laced boots and a nice long coat, those would be the essentials. plus some grey pants, maybe another pair of Raf Simons jeans.. and the usual.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
GS, I think the tb for bb is going to be insanely priced so that cricket sweater is out.

$1,100

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did most people on SW+D get 50% raises in their salaries/allowances? Some really nice stuff in this thread, but damn it's pricy.

More of the same as last year for me: denim, SA shirts, sweatshirts/sweaters, peacoat, scarf.

I'd like to add a pair of boots (alden indys, red wings, or docs), a nice crewneck sweater or two, and maybe a light jacket (harrington, perhaps). I also really like the EG crew sweat. I've got to save money for my wedding fit next year, though.

Dill

Reaction score
I would dress pretty differently if I had the money, but alas, I have one more quarter of college and I need a car instead. My planned purchases this fall are a bedford/norfolk, some SF 5EPs or some Flathead 3001s, a couple cardigans and maybe some chelseas. If money was no object, I would be decked out in band of outsiders, nom de guerre, rag & bone and EG.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^cosign. If I had the money, I would be in EG, buzz rickson and warehouse from head to toe.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
update 4 years later?

Im wearing good khakis (buzz rickson, kato) and straight fit denims (lvc, edwin) with cord sports coats, alot of button down shirt (plaid,oxford,chambray), cardigans (SNS, vintage norwegians), gloverall duffel and filson mackinaw. New kop is the double breasted goat skin leather jacket from ca 1940 i got a a while back. ... but all in all, same as ever...

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bucks, desert boots, or ll bean katahdins, wool socks, jeans rolled up to my knees, e.g. field parka, ****** lambsool sweaters and cheap boring ass oxford shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads