• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man you dudes really need IG.

In honour of the upcoming Hertling promo. Olive duck canvas driggs.

68722FFC-17F9-4E80-B82D-10AD4D07AA32.jpeg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man you dudes really need IG.

In honour of the upcoming Hertling promo. Olive duck canvas driggs.

View attachment 911036

What is this Hertling promo of which you speak? New spring fabrics?

Btw, is a lower rise Litrully (Rob Lowe voice) the only difference between Driggs and Walt? Would that make the shape a little more flattering to gentleman with farmers (er, wider) hips? I’m thinking now I may need to investigate the Driggs cut.

TIA

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watch the IG story if you can.

Spring fabrics yes. Corduroy, sanded canvas, english drill, mil twill.

I’d suggest against the driggs. To me they are slimmer overall. 7” leg opening, thighs are more snug then the Walts by a bit on my pairs.
They make a good casual cut for a slim to medium sized guy. To be honest closer to the new Rivet fit.

But if you think you think the measurements work, size up one and bring in the waist for a bit more comfort. That is what I plan on doing if I buy them again.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kickstand and others interested in the wool madras:

That fabric is bonkers. It wears somewhere between a cotton madras and a fresco, slightly crunchy, but incredibly light. If you're in a warm climate you'll easily get nearly year-round wear out of it (especially with the muted tones) and it tends to wrinkle less than a cotton would.

The adage about a sportcoat that doesn't feel like you're wearing a sportcoat definitely applies here.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Btw, is a lower rise Litrully (Rob Lowe voice) the only difference between Driggs and Walt? Would that make the shape a little more flattering to gentleman with farmers (er, wider) hips? I’m thinking now I may need to investigate the Driggs cut.

TIA

I'm thinking that the answer to this is no. If you want to hide your hips, I would think a higher rise would be better.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watch the IG story if you can.

Spring fabrics yes. Corduroy, sanded canvas, english drill, mil twill.

I’d suggest against the driggs. To me they are slimmer overall. 7” leg opening, thighs are more snug then the Walts by a bit on my pairs.
They make a good casual cut for a slim to medium sized guy. To be honest closer to the new Rivet fit.

But if you think you think the measurements work, size up one and bring in the waist for a bit more comfort. That is what I plan on doing if I buy them again.

I'm thinking that the answer to this is no. If you want to hide your hips, I would think a higher rise would be better.

Thanks gents. I’ll stick with Walt.

Here’s my one piece of EP gear for the day, SW SC:

3E252471-F642-4FA6-AA62-9DA92A45D8E9.jpeg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Mike, do you have an update/ETA on the "EFF" Capri shirts?

Should be on track for end Feb or about there. With my luck on recent European shipping, probably March though. I’m going to pad all of the future Portugal group buys with an extra four weeks to account for it.

TIA

Yup got a bunch of great cottons. They’ll go live for MTO next Tuesday with 25% off for a week... so about 185-195.

Agreed, I’ve found that higher rise models and tweaking the waistband works the best. PM me with fit pics and we can figure it out

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick question on ties...

We’re going to integrate some ties into our FW Southwick assortment and I’m working thru ideas.

What width do you guys think is the best these days?

Any tie designs strike you as particularly fresh and new?

Since the ties are made by the Brooks factory, I’m going to try an experiment. We’re getting some trad rep stripes, and I’m going to run them thru different enzyme and stone washes at my denim house. Might be really cool... might be totally horrible. But worth a try. And if they’re cool, then they’re also officially machine washable after that.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
Questions about the Sashiko Doyle - I'm pretty sure i want to snag one in the next drop. How is the sizing? I don't have any other doyles to compare...I'm between a small or medium depending on the cut in most Epaulet shirts. Usually a 36 jacket...so I'm leaning towards the small Doyle but I wasn't sure if they ran snug. Also has anyone washed one yet? Is shrinkage a concern? I assume it will stretch back out a bit as it's a knit material.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Questions about the Sashiko Doyle - I'm pretty sure i want to snag one in the next drop. How is the sizing? I don't have any other doyles to compare...I'm between a small or medium depending on the cut in most Epaulet shirts. Usually a 36 jacket...so I'm leaning towards the small Doyle but I wasn't sure if they ran snug. Also has anyone washed one yet? Is shrinkage a concern? I assume it will stretch back out a bit as it's a knit material.
Per Mike and also my experience, the Sashiko runs small. I'm a Med across the board with EP and the Sashiko fits snug like a knit/cardigan rather than a jacket like my other Doyles. I'd try a Med first to see how you like it since you probably have expectations of the Doyle as a jacket. Haven't washed mine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads