• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aldenfan

Reaction score
To those who have received your EFF Suits/Jackets from Southwick already - did you receive shipping confirmation / tracking first, or did the box just arrive at your door?
I received UPS email that I had a package shipping. No epaulet shipping notice that I recall. I think because both suits were shipped directly from Southwick.

loxo

Reaction score
I picked up the End 98, natural indigo linen. It looks like a killer fabric, though, like a few others, I'm concerned about how heavy they'll actually be. In the past, I've bought a couple 100% linen shirts to beat the summer heat only to discover they were a trap..

Now I'm really very intrigued by the nantucket red corduroy.. I do not own any red pants.. Am I that guy? Am I? I don't know....

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish I had ordered a forest heirloom this past round. Great color. That shirt pairs well - what is it?

Thanks - it's actually a Wolf vs. Goat blue/white stripe OCBD.

Wooderson

Reaction score
@epaulet any videos of this top one? Looks pretty killer, but I'm curious if it might stand out a little too much

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mike

I just ordered a few pairs of EFF Rivets. Do I have time to change any sizing details before the order goes in?

Thanks

On edit: I'm guessing Feb 19th when the event closes, eh?

@metranger8694 yup, we can change the fit and design details before then, just not the fabrics

Are there any other linens made in Germany like end 98 in this current EFF?

@SherifEnt that's the only one for this round, and actually one of the only German linens that I've ever seen. I was pretty surprised to see that. The other linens are all from Italy.

Impeccable. Love that jacket too.

agreed @dalevy - the fit is boss

Casual Saturday. Epaulet Teak Shell Cordovan Tennis Trainer.

-Mike

@mdubs those look absolutely perfect!
Restocking low trainers anytime soon?

@scrolls some of them: which leather are you looking at?

@epaulet any videos of this top one? Looks pretty killer, but I'm curious if it might stand out a little too much

@Wooderson not at the moment, but I'm due to visit Hertling this week, and that's a great suggestion. I'll definitely shoot videos of the plaids - they go a long way towards showing the full scale.

Hey Mike and Gents,

Do you guys recommend reversing chup socks before washing?

@JezeC I never have. CHUP socks are the toughest socks that I've ever owned. I'm not sure what you can do to harm them.

Cassat heirloom
Navy duck canvas driggs
Epaulet Alden Ptb
Chup socks (not seen)
Sorry for the lighting

@SherifEnt Really sharp! That Cassat sweater is an awesome pop of color

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I picked up the End 98, natural indigo linen. It looks like a killer fabric, though, like a few others, I'm concerned about how heavy they'll actually be. In the past, I've bought a couple 100% linen shirts to beat the summer heat only to discover they were a trap..

Now I'm really very intrigued by the nantucket red corduroy.. I do not own any red pants.. Am I that guy? Am I? I don't know....

@loxo nice, you're going to love that! Don't let the weight concern you, the fabric is very low-tension and open. Having a heavier weight of linen on a jacket or trouser is desirable because it makes the garment drape better.

The Nantucket Red cord is pretty freaking rad. Most dudes are either red pants-guys or not, but since you're interested in becoming one.. you may be one already.

Now that the backpacks have launched, is there an ETA on when the other leather goods - the weekender and the messenger/briefcase in particular - will go live?

@Duke Silver

Thanks for asking this, I was meaning to run this by you guys. I'm headed to Portugal next week and I've got two leather-goods manufacturers on my list.

I can make briefcases and weekenders that are straight-up world class at a killer price. We'd be looking at something like $450 on a briefcase and $500 on a weekender. Really great leather, flawless construction, and European manufacturing.

The thing that I'm struggling with: does anyone care? The problem with mens bags is that most men are very conservative with how they buy them. They'll buy a tiny fraction of what women will, and many of them will gravitate towards an actual bag brand. We can absolutely put out a superior product to a similarly priced item made in Asia, but it's hard to compete against a brand that only does bags. They just look more serious about it, and many customers will tend to trust them.

So I'm a bit torn. The backpack is great because it's unisex, and we've sold quite a few of them to women. We've sold a LOT of Stevie bags, and I'm absolutely making more women's designs. But I've had a pretty mediocre track record of making men's leather goods to date. Except for belts - we're always killing it with belts.

Given the pricepoint, would briefcases & weekenders be something that you guys are interested in? Are there other items that you'd rather see?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads