• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

When can we expect the chambray Doyle and EPLA blazers to drop? Thanks!

They're a bit out. I just got the final sample of the EPLA sportcoat - I'll shoot some photos of that tomorrow to show you guys. It looks great, but is still in development.

For the Chambray Doyle, I'm just waiting on confirmation from our cutter that the fabric is all good. I don't want any surprises if we do a preorder on it. I should be able to put that up next week.

Mike - when can we expect the new tie lines to drop?

We dropped the woven ties last week, and I've got a bunch of knit ties to go up next week.

These days have been pretty hectic since I'd arrived here in CA and I'm thinking if I can even step it up a notch. I just realized that my favorite band ever hasn't sold out its 4/19 meet & greet tickets in LA yet (never been to one of these). So I'm wondering if I can squeeze a flight from SFO and my first EP store visit in that day as well. With an early flight, I probably could. That would make for one awesome weekend.

Mike, who is actually working in the SM store that Saturday?

4/19 would be an EXCELLENT day to come here. I'll be here all day. I'll have details tomorrow, but yeah, that would be the perfect day for you to visit the SM store.

MTO gitman. weak phone picture

Sharp! I love the compact twill with the cutaway collar!

Will the Luchino be saved since it had the shout out from @hommeschooled?

Haha, no the Luchino has been formally retired. But the EPLA cotton pique version is in process. Found a good local source for MOP buttons so we can pimp it out a lil bit.

Does anyone remember when the Fall FF sportcoats are due in?

Which ones? The FF Sportcoat round from January is delivering now - we've got a few stragglers, but we've got most of it either shipped out or in process and pending shipment in the next few days.

The next round of FF jackets will come in early July for an estimated Sept-Oct delivery.

Does anyone know the exchange shipping policy? I know I pay for my shipping back to EP, but I'm not sure if I must pay for shipping again to myself or if it's included.

You'd have to pay to return the item, but if you're domestic then we'll ship you the replacement on our dime.

Doyle's are cut slightly slim? The 40R chest is a 21 inch which is often a 38R coat measurement (though we are on the borders here of course). Just curious about fit. People have found it essentially true to size?

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but this is one of those SF threads that moves very fast and just impossible to search through when one has to work!

Compared to our in-house line and the sportcoats that I design, the Doyle is about as slim as everything else that we make. But yes, compared to most OTR jackets, it's a bit smaller.

Mike - I want a new tan or brown work trouser for spring and summer.  I was thinking either the tobacco 130s tropical or the wheat hopsack and leaning towards the tobacco as the wheat might be more tan and similar to some of my tan irish linen pants.  Of course, it sounds like the hopsack is a favorite of yours.  Thoughts?  Anything else to consider?  Thanks.

Hopsack is great, but I think that Tobacco color is killer. If you already have a tan trouser, than that's a nice extension. You might also consider our OTR Espresso Super 120s pant if we have your size:
http://epauletnewyork.com/products/slim-walt-trouser-espresso-super-120s-wool

Ooh. We are on the same wavelength with this one.

Mike: will you have Driggs in size 30-32 in stock at SM soon? I think one of those sizes were out of stock. Will need to visit to try again.

No, our deliveries are on hold here. More on that tomorrow.

Hey Mike -

Just my monthly update request on the joggers. What are we looking at time wise? When will we see samples? Decided on color ways?

Still in the early stages on that. I put it on hold until we nail down the Rivet Chino Garment Dye shape, as that will be what the jogger is built off of. I have what (I hope) is my final sample of that, and we can then build the short and the jogger out pretty easily.

Western shirt and Bedford cord Rivets:

Very cool! Love the color combo.

Mike,

What's the difference in color between the Khyber red and the recent FF faded red?

Khyber red is really pale, almost like a dark salmon tone. It's pretty dressy and the khyber cloth is very light and smooth.

The Factory Finds washed red was more in that nantucket red tone, and it was a garment dyed canvas. Way more casual, textured, and saturated in color.

Raw Indigo Wool Doyle. Now that would be bad ass. 

I love this idea, except I'm not excited about a jacket that would bleed. It's a PITA enough that I like raw denim and have to deal w/ not ******* up the car/couch/etc. I don't want a jacket doing that as well--plus not being able to wear white shirts...

I've got the Overdyed 14oz Kaihara Denim Doyle coming next week. It will come in a dark navy and a black overdye. Colorfast, so you won't have to worry about accidental bleeding - although you'll want to wash it separately the first few times.

I'm working on two wool scenarios for the Doyle. The first would be an enzyme washed and hot-rinsed wool - essentially creating a boiled wool which would remain machine washable by the owner. And we're looking at doing a lambswool flannel and 3/8 liner, thereby making a dressier shirt-jacket variant.

neutrino

Reaction score
4/19 would be an EXCELLENT day to come here. I'll be here all day. I'll have details tomorrow, but yeah, that would be the perfect day for you to visit the SM store.

Awesome.

Any news on medium FF shirts? (and Carmina jumpers to that end)
confused.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Two New Wilshire Jeans

Got two new Wilshire Jeans for you. Both of these are in lighter and softer denim than the first few runs.

EPLA Wilshire Jean 13 oz Ring-Ring Indigo Kaihara Denim: $150

This denim is really special, and the hand on this jean is insane! I'll paste the info about ring-ring below. Stock here is pretty tight (around 40 pieces), and it's moving pretty fast. If you have your eyes on a pair, then don't wait too long.

This particular jean is cut in 13oz "Ring x Ring" Kaihara denim. Ring-spun yarns are the traditional way of making denim. It's a work-intensive spinning process which yields a soft and slightly irregular fiber. Most high-end denim has a ring-spun warp yarn (dyed indigo) with an open-end spun weft yarn. Open-end spinning is a more modern and uniform technique. This particular denim has uses ring spinning for both the warp and the weft. The result is a stunningly soft denim for its 13oz weight and a beautiful, slightly uneven finish upon close inspection. The indigo dye runs very deep and has bled slightly from the warp into the weft during the initial weaving, giving this a dark blue overall tone. A solid off-white selvedge stripe closes off the ends.

EPLA Wilshire Jean 12 oz Lightweight Indigo Kuroki Denim: $150

I'm in love with this jean. It's a lightweight piece which is very comfortable and breathable, but still has a proper drape and look. Kuroki's quality is fantastic, and this is a versatile indigo with red-line selvedge colorway. For warmer days, these can't be beat. I also love this with Spring/Summer sportcoats, as the heavier denim often looks a bit mismatched with lighter jackets.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - Thanks for the response. I'll probably grab the tobacco super 130's. I've been waiting for a lighter jean and softer jean, so both of these are really appealing. I'm leaning towards the ring-ring. If you could only choose one, which of these would you grab?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
Hey Mike, for the G&L preorder where the fabric went awry, I'm sure I don't want the dyed version you all are working on so can I be sent the Hand Distressed Engineer Shirt instead since they're both the same price?

Also, is there any update on the FF Shirts from January, size XL, I keep seeing in this thread how their in but when I emailed a week or two ago was told they wouldn't be until May?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike: Can you let me know when you will get the Driggs in at SM? No rush at all!

Epaulet trousers today:

hermano

Reaction score
Dear Epaulet,
pretty please make EPLA in XXL, starting today, please :nodding:. I'm an entirely loyal Epaulet customer, and by no means grotesque in stature. 6'3" and lean, I just happen to be Texan, and framed accordingly. I'm a perfect 43L in Southwick (ask Matt!), perfect 36 waist in Walt but after having to return the gorgeous jean jacket in XL due to the degree of taper to hips, I will now with severe reticence be returning the western shirt. I'm being honest when I say I'd rather see a church burn down than return this shirt- but I need it scaled up one size. The same will go for the Doyle, and the entire EPLA line for that matter. I've long accepted that the rivets are not cut for me, and cropped leather jackets, ect. But for the love of all things holy on this earth- make EPLA in XXL. I am willing to prepay in full if needed to be added to size runs. Thanks for your attention to this wholly selfish request, keep up the solid work!

best,
Scott

Last edited:

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Team EP!

I'm looking at getting a couple pairs of the MTO Solid Linen Trousers … maybe a warm tan and a gray.

I'm liking the streaky rust, but are there any fabric images of the Butterscotch Italian Delave 1364? < EDIT: Found it, didn't see it initially.
Same for the Oxford Grey Italian Delave 1372.

Also, is the Grey Irish Linen 1320 the same fabric as the Grey Irish Linen you have in stock?

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads