• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ktown

Reaction score
Wilshire Galey & Lord Safari Twill Update

I went to the dye house today to look at colors. And the manager told me that the best course of action would be to simply dye the jean a slightly darker shade of tan. That would preserve the look of the fabric, it should keep the red selvedge line, and it will eliminate the shading. And the extra dye treatment will soften it up a bit more.

I think that this is the best route, as I heard from quite a few guys that they had their hearts set on the tan twill / red selvedge look of the swatch. We'll order the dye tomorrow and we should have the finished product next week. Sorry for the delay and back-and-forth on this. And of course, I'll post photos and get your confirmation before we ship anything out. The preorder was not a final sale, and you guys can cancel and get an immediate refund at any time.

Thanks!

Sounds good. I was actually kind of glad when you posted the tobacco color as I prefer that over the standard khaki. I guess we'll have to wait and see on the resulting shade.

Last edited:

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - I want a new tan or brown work trouser for spring and summer. I was thinking either the tobacco 130s tropical or the wheat hopsack and leaning towards the tobacco as the wheat might be more tan and similar to some of my tan irish linen pants. Of course, it sounds like the hopsack is a favorite of yours. Thoughts? Anything else to consider? Thanks.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sweet!! I need to nail down my Driggs sizing. Thinking navy camo cargo Driggs...

Ooh. We are on the same wavelength with this one.

Mike: will you have Driggs in size 30-32 in stock at SM soon? I think one of those sizes were out of stock. Will need to visit to try again.

flipsilk

Reaction score
Hey Mike -

Just my monthly update request on the joggers. What are we looking at time wise? When will we see samples? Decided on color ways?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Western shirt and Bedford cord Rivets:

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha, this is going to be dope. We're planning a shawl collar, patch pocket variant of the Asbury. I'm thinking to do it in overdyed denim and heavyweight twill. Possibly moleskin too. It's in sampling now.

Damn, this sounds awesome in either fabric. Can't wait to see the sample.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ooh. We are on the same wavelength with this one.

Mike: will you have Driggs in size 30-32 in stock at SM soon? I think one of those sizes were out of stock. Will need to visit to try again.

Cool! That's two. I bet we can get a few more folks and do a small run

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Raw Indigo Wool Doyle. Now that would be bad ass. 

I love this idea, except I'm not excited about a jacket that would bleed. It's a PITA enough that I like raw denim and have to deal w/ not ******* up the car/couch/etc. I don't want a jacket doing that as well--plus not being able to wear white shirts...

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doyle's are cut slightly slim? The 40R chest is a 21 inch which is often a 38R coat measurement (though we are on the borders here of course). Just curious about fit. People have found it essentially true to size?

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but this is one of those SF threads that moves very fast and just impossible to search through when one has to work!

Yes, fit is a little slim, especially in the sleeves. I usually wear a 40r and I bought a 42 and absolutely love it.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the market for a non black, navy grey trouser. Narrowed my choices down to Chocolate Nailhead, Olive Super 120s & Espresso Super 120s.
Anybody own any of these and can comment on versatility?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics