• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the Santa Monica shop closing. As if you didn't have enough going on with a newborn and everything else...We have all seen how much work went into it. Looking forward to seeing how the EPLA line continues to evolve.

malwear

Reaction score
The Santa Monica shop is closing?? I hope that was by design and not because things weren't going well.

Also, any chance that the "heavily discounted prices" for the close-out stuff could be offered to SF members who aren't lucky enough to live nearby?

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also sad to see that the SM store is closing after so much effort and such a short time.

I also wonder if there was any way to offer some of the stock at the SM store to those of us who don't live there.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. But at least it seems it's more due to the inability to renew the lease than failure. Hopefully I can make it out before it's no more.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Maybe Mike can elaborate more... Perhaps it's in the plans to find another location.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Doesn't sound like it. Sounds like they'll visit LA, but have no plans for a brick and mortar store at this time.

Hmm did I miss this announcement somewhere about the SM store closing???

No more B&M store in Los Angeles after SM store closes. There was no official announcement. I am sure Mike will chime in with the details.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, interesting news surrounding the SM closure. I hope there's a good reason for it rather than the product just not selling enough at that physical location.

Louys

Reaction score
I'm really sad to hear that the west coast is losing its brick and mortar. Though the worst part, at least for me, is that that's my birthday, I'll be in LA , but still can't make it. I never got a chance to make it in person. I do hope that Mike offers something for those unable to attend that specific day.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just stumbled across this from Well Spent. It sounds like the plans have always been to only temporarily open a B&M store in LA.

Well Spent: Tell us about the EPLA line. What led to its creation, and how is it different from the Epaulet main line?
Michael Kuhle: This past August, my wife and I moved to Los Angeles to have a baby, open a temporary storefront, and start production out here. I love LA and it’s inspirational to live here. There’s an exciting energy all around, and it’s tough to complain when the weather is predictably, tirelessly perfect every single day. Yeah, there’s traffic. But there’s also Chicken and Waffles. It’s all about tradeoffs.

See more at http://well-spent.com/2014/04/09/seven-questions-epaulet/

Last edited:

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who didn't get it, this was in the Epaulet newsletter that went out this morning.

We Love LA (and thanks for the good times!)

Dear friends,

Our Santa Monica store has been around for 10 exciting months. It was rented on a temporary lease - and unfortunately - this lease cannot be renewed for additional time. As such, our shop is slated to close this month.

It's been an absolute pleasure to meet so many of our West Coast customers in person, and we sincerely thank you for all of your support and enthusiasm. Although our storefront is going away, the Epaulet Los Angeles line will continue to grow by leaps and bounds in the future. We've got huge plans for it, and our potential to design and manufacture here is nearly limitless. You'll definitely see us back here regularly! And you'll see a lot of new merchandise made right here in the City of Angels.

Our last day open will be Saturday, April 19th. We'll offer refreshments, snacks, good people, and loud music! If you've never made it out to the shop, then we'd love to meet you! We've got plenty of merchandise on hand, and this will be the final opportunity to see it in person at the Santa Monica store. We'll be happy to get you sized on all of our items.

Oh, and lest we forget...

Nearly everything in the store will have a heavily discounted price on the final day. This special clearance pricing will be available for cash purchases.

If you can make it out, then we'll make it worth the trip! Our Saturday hours are 12-6, but it can certainly go later if the party is still going down. We hope to see you there!

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who didn't get it, this was in the Epaulet newsletter that went out this morning.

First, I should have read my newsletter lol.

Second, anyone willing to be a proxy for sales in my size?
mwink[1].gif

Reveille

Reaction score
I went by the SM store yesterday and heard the news firsthand from Mike. I'll let him explain the reasons for closing the store, but to me it sounded like he still wants to come out to Los Angeles for development to continue to roll out those awesome EPLA items. It sucks that we're losing out on a wonderful B&M location where I could actually see, feel, and try on the clothes, but that won't stop me from buying Epaulet items in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics