• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nathanl

Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Santa Monica Store

Hey guys,

Yes, as you've read - we are sadly closing the Santa Monica store on April 19th. There's two main reasons for it:

We entered the space on a sublease. This was great because the costs of getting it started were minimal and the space was essentially move-in ready. Very well priced too. But I always knew that the lease would be subject to renewal at an unknown rate. Getting a storefront in SoCal is typically a huge 5 or 10 year commitment, so this was a relatively inexpensive way for us to test the waters. The store is doing alright, but not good enough for me to hire someone in my absence and sign on for a higher rent.

And I love living here, but I need to have the freedom to travel in order to do my job. So much of our product development is dependent upon face time and meetings at our factories. Before we had the baby, I could travel every few weeks, but now it's kind of impossible. Someone has to run the shop and our family is on the East Coast. At this stage, Adele and I need to be based in NYC to effectively do our jobs.

So, it was a tough decision, but we're excited to get "back in the New York Groove." And just to stress - this in no way means that the Epaulet Los Angeles line is being shelved. We're investing a lot in that, and we're planning it to grow into a very large part of our overall business.

And regarding the sale. It's essentially a store closing clearance - meant to clean out some stock that I'd otherwise have to ship back and to reward the LA customers who have supported the shop over the past year. I'd really like guys to come by that day - especially first-timers - and meet us and the other epaulet customers there. And I know that it sometimes takes a huge sale to convince people to brave the freeway on a beach-friendly Saturday :). So respectfully, these deals will only be offered in-store, although proxy'ing is fine.

Last edited:

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide between the Espresso & Olive Super 120s.
Mike and others that own them.....which one do you find more versatile?

neutrino

Reaction score
Quote:
Oh, now I see what you meant. I was wondering what those details were.
I'm both sad and happy (more happy though, sorry LA folks!). Like my fav band's song goes, that's a "coincidence I can't believe, as my childhood dreams slowly come true".

Also, glad to see it specifically mentioned that one can get sized. I would be a bit shy to ask for this for some reason (probably because I'm not likely to buy much on the spot - it's more for future purchases). I'm certainly getting sized in everything there is then
bounce2.gif
Who knows when (and if) the next opportunity presents itself.

Probably a dumb question, but just to be sure: "cash purchases" means in cash as opposed to using a CC, or does it mean any in-store purchase vs. online? I'll be sure to bring some cash if it's the former.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being on the West Coast, I was hoping to get a chance to visit SM so I'm sad you're leaving, but glad you got to test the waters.

If anyone is interested in proxying stuff, I'm sure there would be plenty of takers here. It can be a bit a of PITA but you'd have many thankful customers from this thread!

Honestly, I bet you could start a thread in B&S and get people to chime in there about interest, etc.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Epaulet is ever back in the market for a third outpost, may I humbly suggest our Nation's Capital, a short 4.5-hour drive to the south? DC is no New York, but its reputation as a cultural and sartorial backwater is way overstated. There are a lot of people in the area with disposable income and the willingness to spend it to eat well and dress well. The Southern Prep look has a particularly strong foothold, as evidenced by Sid Mashburn's interest in opening a B&M here, and I think Washingtonians would really respond to the goods Epaulet is selling.

kwanon

Reaction score
If Epaulet is ever back in the market for a third outpost, may I humbly suggest our Nation's Capital, a short 4.5-hour drive to the south? DC is no New York, but its reputation as a cultural and sartorial backwater is way overstated. There are a lot of people in the area with disposable income and the willingness to spend it to eat well and dress well. The Southern Prep look has a particularly strong foothold, as evidenced by Sid Mashburn's interest in opening a B&M here, and I think Washingtonians would really respond to the goods Epaulet is selling.
Yes, please.

stmaier

Reaction score

Yes, please.

Indeed. Can I be your unofficial boot designer if you do have an outpost here?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads