• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dead arm

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm intersted in the Lockie sweater. I'm a standard 42 in Southwick sportcoats. The measurements on the site say the sweater is 21" across, which seems like it would be too tight. For those who own these, do they fit super slim? Or is it wearable for someone with a chest measurement a hair over 42"? Thanks.

ErikW

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm intersted in the Lockie sweater. I'm a standard 42 in Southwick sportcoats. The measurements on the site say the sweater is 21" across, which seems like it would be too tight. For those who own these, do they fit super slim? Or is it wearable for someone with a chest measurement a hair over 42"? Thanks.

Epaulet recommends sizing up. I went with a 40 per their recommendation, even though I'm normally a 38.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks, ErikW. So does that mean you sized up from the tagged size or the true size? I know this is confusing.

If the tagged size is 42, the true size is 40. If the tagged size is 44, the true size of the sweater is 42.

FWIW, I am a 41 or 42 in all of my Southwick sports coats and my Lockie sweater tagged size 44 fits me perfectly. I'm wearing it today as a matter of fact.

dead arm

Reaction score
If the tagged size is 42, the true size is 40. If the tagged size is 44, the true size of the sweater is 42.

FWIW, I am a 41 or 42 in all of my Southwick sports coats and my Lockie sweater tagged size 44 fits me perfectly. I'm wearing it today as a matter of fact.

Yes, I totally get that I should go by the true size, but even that seemed slim. Though it seems like the 44 should fit my 42 frame just fine? Thanks for the advice.

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of that indigo terry crewneck.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for EP + Child Rearing pics.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Southwick jacket arrived. Unbelievably awesome. Thanks @Epaulet

Pardon my french @kickstand but OMFG that made up so incredibly boss!! Sent that photo to the prez of Southwick. They're gonna love it. Thanks so much for picking it up.

Speaking of that indigo terry crewneck.

@Duke Silver congrats on baby!!! I remember those days!

Anyone have a pic of the Caramel Cords made up?

Sure do.. @CanadaCal ... it's a pic alongside the man, the legend... @LA Guy

Yes, I totally get that I should go by the true size, but even that seemed slim. Though it seems like the 44 should fit my 42 frame just fine? Thanks for the advice.

@dead arm we had a very good hit rate on the sizing for these. Took almost no exchanges on the stock sweaters. Since you wear a SW 42, You can be confident about the size 44. It's going to fit you on the slimmer side, but that's the design.

Just ordered the Walnut cotton pants. Cant wait!

@justinkapur oh man, you're gonna love them! So great for NorCal

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pardon my french @kickstand but OMFG that made up so incredibly boss!! Sent that photo to the prez of Southwick. They're gonna love it. Thanks so much for picking it up.

@Duke Silver congrats on baby!!! I remember those days!

Sure do.. @CanadaCal ... it's a pic alongside the man, the legend... @LA Guy

@dead arm we had a very good hit rate on the sizing for these. Took almost no exchanges on the stock sweaters. Since you wear a SW 42, You can be confident about the size 44. It's going to fit you on the slimmer side, but that's the design.

@justinkapur oh man, you're gonna love them! So great for NorCal
That is the worst picture of me, ever. I look like I have serious issues. Thanks Mike!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That is the worst picture of me, ever. I look like I have serious issues. Thanks Mike!

@LA Guy haha, we look like two bad-ass dudes.

I mean, as bad ass as you can be when one guy has on a critter tie with dogs and the other guy has a cross-body bag

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads