• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, make it Portland, OR. ;)

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pfft... Detroit is where they should locate! Retail space is cheap and labor is plentiful! :nodding:

On another note - Any chance Epaulet will ever offer a bleeding madras shirt? I would love to see what you guys could do with some of those great colors.

wakawaka

Reaction score
Nah, make it Portland, OR.
wink.gif

Ah, you misspelled there - I'm sure you meant Poland
mwink[1].gif
. On a side note, I really wouldn't mind more USA down here. Especially your troops, given what has recently been happening in our region of Eastern Europe (Russia's intrusion in Crimea).

If anyone is interested in proxying stuff, I'm sure there would be plenty of takers here. It can be a bit a of PITA but you'd have many thankful customers from this thread!

Honestly, I bet you could start a thread in B&S and get people to chime in there about interest, etc.

This idea has my vote if it means any
smile.gif

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the announcement, Mike! Here's looking forward to the next Epaulet incarnation.

In the meantime:

Gant x Bastian flecked donegal herringbone SC (from FW 2011, bought from EP)
Gitman x EP MTO bengal stripe cutaway collar shirt
Unseen: Pearl grey lightweight flannel Walts, Carmina x EP GMTO snuff suede chukkas
Vanda tie and PS

neutrino

Reaction score
^ One in SF in the next 3 months before I'm outta here, please.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Haha, thanks guys! Actually, SF was our first thought for a West Coast brick and mortar shop. I'm quite sure that it would have been a success.

The thing is, we've had a lot of strategy meetings. Most of our business is online. And I believe that our strength is products. We aim to put out the best merchandise possible and to make a lot of it. Opening shops is a long and expensive process - and it often takes a year or two before you're actually earning anything. And that's certainly not guaranteed.

Running the LA store was a lot of fun, and we fought to spend an equal amount of time developing new items here. But doing this store took funds and labor that could have been used to upgrade the website, expand our communication, develop deeper into product categories. Someone wrote here a few months ago that he became bored with Epaulet at the start of Fall. And in many ways, I can understand - as we spent a lot of lead-up time to the season working on the LA store and the move. We're now focused more on the product than ever before, and we're seeing the benefits with great sell-throughs, a lot of enthusiasm for the brand, better press, and more satisfied and engaged customers.

A while back, Dylan and I came to LA and did a trunk show at the Downtown Standard hotel. In terms to bringing our experience to a local level, I want to develop this concept. It's not realistic for me to open a store in Chicago, but it is realistic for me to rent a hotel room, ship a representative amount of product and swatches there, and have a day-long trunk show followed by a night-time meet and greet. We can hold that in a network of cities, and potentially even partner with other stores or spaces.

We have a lot of great things on deck, and you're going to see development of the Epaulet brand like never before. We're going to bring footwear to the market that's going to blow you away. We're going to have a world-class denim collection. We'll refine and expand our trousers, suiting, and Made to Order services. We want to be the best, most diverse shop for high-quality menswear at a range of price points, and with an unwavering commitment to quality, consistency, and fit.

(haha, can you tell I've been writing all kinds of PR blurbs lately).

malwear

Reaction score

A while back, Dylan and I came to LA and did a trunk show at the Downtown Standard hotel. In terms to bringing our experience to a local level, I want to develop this concept. It's not realistic for me to open a store in Chicago, but it is realistic for me to rent a hotel room, ship a representative amount of product and swatches there, and have a day-long trunk show followed by a night-time meet and greet. We can hold that in a network of cities, and potentially even partner with other stores or spaces.

In that case, I (and a few others here) are going to insist you do a DC trunk show.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

In that case, I (and a few others here) are going to insist you do a DC trunk show.

Boston!!!

Absolutely, both places are on our list, and very easy.

Boston will absolutely happen this Fall. We'll be headed to MA for factory visits regardless, so doing a one-day show at a hotel there is a no-brainer. We can take all of the merchandise in a truck.

stmaier

Reaction score

Absolutely, both places are on our list, and very easy.

Boston will absolutely happen this Fall. We'll be headed to MA for factory visits regardless, so doing a one-day show at a hotel there is a no-brainer. We can take all of the merchandise in a truck.

Definitely need a picture of you with a mesh trucker hat and the leather driving gloves...

The trunk show would be amazing, especially if we could get an idea for upcoming items and be able to order non stock sizes versus seeing what comes out and either waiting for a MTO or be out of luck for items like gloves that are ordered way in advance...

neutrino

Reaction score
Oh, now I see what you meant. I was wondering what those details were.
I'm both sad and happy (more happy though, sorry LA folks!). Like my fav band's song goes, that's a "coincidence I can't believe, as my childhood dreams slowly come true".

Also, glad to see it specifically mentioned that one can get sized. I would be a bit shy to ask for this for some reason (probably because I'm not likely to buy much on the spot - it's more for future purchases). I'm certainly getting sized in everything there is then
bounce2.gif
Who knows when (and if) the next opportunity presents itself.

Probably a dumb question, but just to be sure: "cash purchases" means in cash as opposed to using a CC, or does it mean any in-store purchase vs. online? I'll be sure to bring some cash if it's the former.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberts Jones