• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

dareone

Reaction score

Drivers Jacket

First 2 photos are in a different exposure than the last

This maybe the best buy for this season or any S/S :nodding:

i don't see anything wrong with the fit. looks great to me, and definitely would not size up. makes me want to pick up one of those driver jackets. how's the sizing on that, gettoasty? did you go w/ your normal eg size?

Last edited:

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driver jacket looks good to me toasty!

Could someone tell me what jacket is pictured here? Is it an engineer jacket?

Its by Margaret Howell apparently (google image search is your friend).

On a related note, I'd love to pick up and old season EG engineers jacket at some point, mostly thanks to this pic haha

so good

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

question on bedfords. are the sleeves tend to be more looser then other models? the shoulders and chest on mine are good but the sleeves are quite loose. atleast from what I'm accustomed to. maybe I just have small arms :embar:

Fit on the bedfords would probably have the loosest arms of all the blazers put out by EG. You probably just aren't used to them fitting loose, but I'm sure it looks fine on. For the guy asking about the fit of the bedford vs the truman, the truman fits bigger all around, usually meant to be layered due to the fit. Sizing down is possible on the truman if you don't want to layer.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey toasty, what color tone is the sheen on that iridescent twill? (looks kinda greenish aqua in some pics but not sure) and personally, I would not size up on that fit, looks spot on to me.

You are correct. More beautiful in person and a bit darker. Stock photos capture the color well but detail of the fabric and sheen has to be seen in person.

i don't see anything wrong with the fit. looks great to me, and definitely would not size up. makes me want to pick up one of those driver jackets. how's the sizing on that, gettoasty? did you go w/ your normal eg size?

This was my first EG purchase. Took a size small and for this jacket, fits like standard 38/medium. I also orders the tropical wool Andover in medium that was subtle in fit, slight roomier in the arms width wise but the body is noticeable more fitted. Especially so when buttoned up. Unfortunately u had to return as I found out the next day the outer left arm had a quarter size dark stain. Smelled like fragrance of sorts, sweet aroma. And to be quite frank, I did not like the color that much though I would have kept sans stain mark. I think I may like F/W season type jackets more due to the fabric choice and natural details that follow.

What type of jacket is the Driver? I think it works wonderfully aesthetically and function for S/S season.

Thanks for the comments. Tbh that fit was not even my ideal outfit i had planned on wearing the jacket with. Next outfit may look even farther away from EG theme. :eek:

Last edited:

misery

Reaction score

Has anyone seen the corduroy long beach shorts in light blue (not the bright blue) anywhere except JP stockists? http://www.secondstage2008.jp/IMG_19891.jpg
I have the cutoffs in light blue corduroy, size 30, new with tag. $200 shipped:

Last edited:

Edd

Reaction score
Lol! Did someone pay you to dress up like that?

I actually think the driver jacket is one of the poorest outerwear peices I've seen from eg. short, boxy, no real reason for 3 of the pockets on it, and very expensive too.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol! Did someone pay you to dress up like that?

I actually think the driver jacket is one of the poorest outerwear peices I've seen from eg. short, boxy, no real reason for 3 of the pockets on it, and very expensive too.

Have you handled it or just looked at pics on the internet? Driver's Jacket is ******* great in real life, and GT's first simple fit looks good. If all the people in this thread tried to dress like japanese lookbook models wearing EG they would look ******* ridiculous.

alex99

Reaction score

Have you handled it or just looked at pics on the internet? Driver's Jacket is ******* great in real life, and GT's first simple fit looks good. If all the people in this thread tried to dress like japanese lookbook models wearing EG they would look ******* ridiculous.

I think people should wear EG however the hell they want. It's not like the styleforum police are going to stop you on the street and give you a ticket.

deeman

Reaction score
I didn't like the driver jacket either when I tried on the grey version.. Was a bit Eastern European football hooligan for my tastes.

However looks ok in the pic above.

Got my Bedford today in navy.. Arms are a bit loose but a great piece in the cotton pique.. Will post some fit pics soon

Last edited:

Knight

Reaction score
The Driver jacket is an excellent piece IMO. Under rated and classic. It is a Spring adaptation of the Deck Jacket from FW12. There was a Navy Twill version [however rare as anything to find] which i personally liked. The irridescent version shown in the pics is quite nice too. To Alex99's point -- I remember speaking to the Nepenthes guys about 'style' and there were 2 words that should forever ring in your brain "No rules". Just have fun with what you wear i say. Wear it with pride.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads