• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

Dino19

Reaction score
I saw the ground jacket in blue at start london and thought it was really strong in person. The fabric is nice but the collar/hood seemed a little bit off (from what I remember, bigger than I would have preferred) and there were a couple other small cut-related details that didn't work for me personally. But aside from all that and more importantly, I just got a good feel from it and thought it was a pretty affable piece.
Did you see the khaki piece? I'm considering the khaki & blue. I'm not too sure about the blue as I have not seen it personally. It looks nice from the screen, but it may turn out very differently from the real thing. Any comments/inputs would be helpful.

the year 1492

Reaction score
Did you see the khaki piece? I'm considering the khaki & blue. I'm not too sure about the blue as I have not seen it personally. It looks nice from the screen, but it may turn out very differently from the real thing. Any comments/inputs would be helpful.

Nope, I didn't see the khaki, which is too bad because that's the version I like best. The blue is alright - from what I remember, it's almost baby blue (think similar to UNC blue, or something). It didin't really do it for me, but at the same time, it felt very much in line with the whole ss13 surf/beach feel.

mtre

Reaction score
Just ordered the Surf Print shirt, now just need some sunshine :)

Anyone know who's stocking the Windbreak Red Cottom Ripstop apart from end? ...I need it in a medium.

Knight

Reaction score
Have you tried Blake? They have it as well. Ask for Samuel he's really helpful.

Anyone know who's stocking the Windbreak Red Cottom Ripstop apart from end? ...I need it in a medium.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Let us know how the popover surf print shirt fits. From the pics I've seen the front looks like a beer belly pouch. I like that print but I'm leaning toward the Chauncey because it seems to be a better cut.

catchh

Reaction score

Let us know how the popover surf print shirt fits. From the pics I've seen the front looks like a beer belly pouch. I like that print but I'm leaning toward the Chauncey because it seems to be a better cut.

:lol:... I think thats cause the guy from Context tends to wear a size to small.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe but here's the guy from Arrow+Arrow - looks like a beer pouch. Now I'm not saying it should be tight like a girl shirt, but more boxy yet without a front pouch - I have some short sleeve shirts by LVC in a 50s cut and they fit real good, not tight and yet they don't make you look like you're pregnant.

catchh

Reaction score
Hmm usually that sort of thing happens when the length is to short and the chest to tight. It could just be their builds. The one on indigo and cotton looks good.

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the one on indigo and cotton - there is no side pic of the guy. But as they used to say, that fabric is far out man!:) Have a nice day!

Knight

Reaction score
Nepenthes have a received a big drop recently. Photos will be up soon. Key pieces mentioned were what some of you were after the Field Jacket which has finally arrived in an Olive colour. Other jackets included the Tri Colour beach popover, 3 colours of Andover (2x seersucker stripes and a nautical print) plus a bunch of popover shirts, miner shirts and work shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics