• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on material season. I have a size small cotton whipcord from a few seasons back and it measures smaller than most the recent seasons. Also depends in desired fit (do you want to layer?).

Theloniouskase

Reaction score
I have a SS 2013 BNWT Round collar Navy Iridescent Chambray button down for sale in a size Medium if anyone's interested. $150 plus shipping. Retail's $228.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish I could see/try on that field jacket. 550 is steep for a lightweight jacket

Tororo

Reaction score
That's definitely steep. Where did you get that price?

xander_horst

Reaction score

So, what are peoples opinions on the penn shirt jacket?
I love the cpo but until now I have only bought fw pieces and it seems none came out for this season so I'm considering the penn as my first ss shirt jacket, but I rarely read about it here and I've only seen like 1 or 2 fit pics, so hows the fit on it? does it have any side gussets or is it a square cut at the bottom? and does the body have an A cut (flares out at the bottom) or a strait cut? boxy/slim?
Hey and if you've got one please share a fit pic when possible, tia.

I bought the Penn last summer and wore it all the time. I like it a lot. It was slightly A shaped until I had my tailor take in the sides a bit, which was easy because its unlined. I wouldn't do this to a Bedford or something, but I think lighter fabrics that won't drape as heavily can benefit from this operation. The hem is slightly curved. Also there is a pleat/fold in the back by each shoulder that makes riding my bike more comfortable.

This pic isn't great - I hope it gives you an idea of the general shape of the jacket:

Knight

Reaction score
That red windbreaker seems to be the fan favourite so far, I scored one myself and I can't wait to see it. Also got me
- the baker in paisley,
- Truman indigo denim
- the fatigue short in light blue ripstop, and
- (my personal favourite) the orange rounded collar shirt irridescent chambray. I've a feeling ill be wearing this particular piece a lot.

Yeah bagged the red wind breaker from there :) also just received the blue/green Lafayette which is a great fit

Shingles

Reaction score
Knight,
What size is your Truman jacket? Do you mind giving me pit to pit and shoulder measurements? I'm very tempted to order the Ecru cotton one. I'm generally a medium in EG outerwear but have to size up or down sometimes. Thanks!

Knight

Reaction score
Sure, I just measured the ptp it was about 20 inches, the sts was (approx) 18.5 inches. It fit like most if not all the sport coat jackets I got from EG namely the FW ones. It's got some nice darting to compliment your waist. This is my first Truman so I'm pretty stoked. I'm looking forward to matching it with the Truman short and vest also in denim, could look real nice. The Ecru one is gorgeous.

I hope these measurements help you. If in doubt call Nepenthes and speak to Abdul.

Knight,
What size is your Truman jacket? Do you mind giving me pit to pit and shoulder measurements? I'm very tempted to order the Ecru cotton one. I'm generally a medium in EG outerwear but have to size up or down sometimes. Thanks!

Last edited:

kota

Reaction score
Let us know how the popover surf print shirt fits. From the pics I've seen the front looks like a beer belly pouch. I like that print but I'm leaning toward the Chauncey because it seems to be a better cut.

I have the popover from a couple of seasons ago (not sure which one) and it´s really flared and big around the belly compared to chest/shoulders. Guess it´s a typical EG fit though.

deeman

Reaction score
Like the red windbreaker myself. A little too pricey for me perhaps though. Will have to call into the Bureau for a browse sometime soon. Maybe it will take my fancy more once I try it on

Their new website is launching this week too with the new s/s range:)

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score

That red windbreaker seems to be the fan favourite so far, I scored one myself and I can't wait to see it. Also got me
- the baker in paisley,
- Truman indigo denim
- the fatigue short in light blue ripstop, and
- (my personal favourite) the orange rounded collar shirt irridescent chambray. I've a feeling ill be wearing this particular piece a lot.

I'd love to see a photo of the orange iridescent chambray. I really like the Chauncey shirt's cut and details so I'll be picking up a couple of them from this season and I know that iridescent orange is one of the available fabrics- Just haven't seen the fabric/color in person or online yet.

edit: Nevermind :D
20130130_2792087.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads