• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eluther

Reaction score

Interesting -- i have the same navy highland parka as you and I sized down one. I am a Large in every other EG piece and in some cases, the L is a little snug. The highland in Medium is still big enough that I could layer a shirt, vest, bedford and still have room for more layers.

A friend of mine who wears an XL/XXL in EG put on my Highland Parka from FW14, which is a S, and it fit him perfectly. That thing was absolutely enormous.

@lawlercon – Rarely do I recommend sizing down on EG, but I find you have to size up occasionally to get sleeve lengths right. Maybe being on the XL end of things and being so dedicated to anti-fit makes that easier for you.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

nsltrls

Reaction score
Yep, I've handled that fabric in person, one of my favorites from this season. It's not aggressively thick or anything, good for fall layering given the colors. I'd say you'd be fine in it until it dips below 40 degrees.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
was it a solid brown or flecked with other colors? pictures look like there is some orange and maybe blue in the weave

nsltrls

Reaction score
Definitely not a solid brown. From what I remember it has some green mixed in, but I'm not sure if there were other colors. It's not like a donegal wool or anything, just more of a blend.

blue peter

Reaction score
Definitely not a solid brown. From what I remember it has some green mixed in, but I'm not sure if there were other colors. It's not like a donegal wool or anything, just more of a blend.

there's also a brown/green wool Bedford that has green, of course, mixed in - the green is subtle yet def discernible, more so than it appears to be in this baker. but I've only seen the Bedford in person so can't be entirely accurate.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
there's also a brown/green wool Bedford that has green, of course, mixed in - the green is subtle yet def discernible, more so than it appears to be in this baker. but I've only seen the Bedford in person so can't be entirely accurate.
yea, i wanted that one but can't find one in XS anywhere

blue peter

Reaction score
yea, i wanted that one but can't find one in XS anywhere

yeah - that Bedford is selling out really quickly. one of the few items sold out at tbb (although it seems they just got a restock, or return) in size L...have you asked Nepenthes for their stockists for the Bedord?

I'm in DC and still awaiting Federal's fw delivery - last winter they picked up the bedfords, so might want to check up on the federal site to see if they get it in...

rusticchasm

Reaction score
yeah - that Bedford is selling out really quickly. one of the few items sold out at tbb (although it seems they just got a restock, or return) in size L...have you asked Nepenthes for their stockists for the Bedord?

I'm in DC and still awaiting Federal's fw delivery - last winter they picked up the bedfords, so might want to check up on the federal site to see if they get it in...
yea, nepenthes quoted 2 stock lists

indigo & cotton sold theirs
context never recieved it and aren't getting it now

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads