• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Made my first F/W purchase, the cable knit leisure jacket.  Wanted to provide some pics in case it helps anyone with sizing:
I like it - very much like a knit Bedford with a pocket missing.

Last edited:

Jagger_On

Reaction score
I originally wanted the grey tweed Bedford but I went in to Liberty at the weekend as I planned on getting the grey cable knit vest but I walked out with the Leisure jacket instead, which they'd only just got in. It's just so damn cozy. Really incredible piece. I'd echo what @Cotton Dockers said about sizing. The only caveat I'd add would be if you have shorter shoulders and arms for your size you may want to consider going TTS. I ended up going with the XL too as I need the extra room in the chest these days. The shoulders and sleeves on the L fit me a lot better but the XL didn't bother me as much as it normally does with EG. Quite enjoyed the fact that it was more like a slouchy cardigan.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone knows the difference between the Infinity Button Scarf & the Button Shawl?

If you take a look at the pictures on TBB you can get a sense for the difference. The Button Shawl is a rectangular scarf that has buttons & button holes so you can connect it as a shawl. The infinity button scarf is a circular/loop scarf with buttons & button holes.

mtre

Reaction score
What's the general view size down or stay true on the highland parka? Normally a medium in EG but the small measurements look better, don't mind it a bit loose... Thanks!

blue peter

Reaction score
What's the general view size down or stay true on the highland parka? Normally a medium in EG but the small measurements look better, don't mind it a bit loose... Thanks!

concur - I believe the HP is meant to be "anti-fit" so somewhat baggy/bulky compared to, say, a field parka. also, it's winter outer wear so meant to fit some layers underneath. prob good idea to size down but still expect it to be roomy even one size down.

Last edited:

lawlercon

Reaction score
As with any EG, I feel like you should wear your proper size - as it is meant to be worn a certain way. That jacket is supposed to fit very large, thats why its so awesome. Go TTS and embrace the anti-fit.

alex99

Reaction score
It's an age old complaint with EG that sizing does not stay consistent from season to season, which means that "proper size" becomes a moving target. To get around this, I don't size up or down, I just return or sell the product if it does not fit in my natural size. It is a drag to have to do that, but I end up wearing what I keep more often because the fit is right.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score

I own the highland parka in 20oz navy melton from last year and I went TTS with a large, and I love the way is fits. Extremely slouchy and over sized. Can fit pretty much anything underneath, but it still looks good regardless of if I choose to layer or not. One of my favorite pieces.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting -- i have the same navy highland parka as you and I sized down one. I am a Large in every other EG piece and in some cases, the L is a little snug. The highland in Medium is still big enough that I could layer a shirt, vest, bedford and still have room for more layers.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eveliynfindlay