• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

everyday

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 22.10.05.png
From the glory days. ca.'15, FW'16, SS'18

Edit: jk of course, beating was-never-alive horse.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the aesthetics will be too confusing, though NMWA gets to keep its stuff so I suppose the niche will stay

Street wear, lounge wear, and business. Having a cultivated selection of looks for the season would do the brand well. It seems like there were too many options being sent out to various retailers. Why not send the street wear (Simon) to a company like Butterscotch LBC, suits to (antonio) NMWA, and loungewear to bloomingdales/nordstroms.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
perhaps, but the new suit (in the more city color) and new outwear works pretty well if you ask me, it's cohesive.

lalilulelo1122

Reaction score
Seems the new stuff has a pieces in burgundy, which I think looks great for the overcoats. Did the previous era have any burgundy overcoats/sportcoats? I think there was a ragosta a while back

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I take my lapel pins off immediately, and use them as pins on a pin board.

However, if people really, really like the pins, I'll gladly sell them.

And re: new Eidos, I am not offended by, and even like, a good deal of the pieces. However, I am a pretty discerning shopper, who engages in scant brand deviation. To me, a lot of the new Eidos stuff looks a lot like other collections that are currently in vogue.

I am not bothered by new Eidos, I am just saddened by the loss of old Eidos, which had, in my opinion, the best suit in the market (personally, the old Eidos casual aesthetic did not have the look I was, and am, going for - I am in tailored clothing most of my life, and am more interested in pure casual clothing, as opposed to the tailored casual aesthetic - thus, I am excited about 18 East, which fits into what I am looking for).

Took the words out of my mouth. I somehow ended up with 4 eidos suits in the past 6 months and they're fantastic for daily wear. The fabric choices really are quite interesting. Even the solid colors have some subtley to them.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems the new stuff has a pieces in burgundy, which I think looks great for the overcoats. Did the previous era have any burgundy overcoats/sportcoats? I think there was a ragosta a while back

The red ragosta has a lot more texture though, in general the new collection is more singletons, even if it has texture it stat pretty unidirectional (ie not donegal kind of multi color I suppose)

lalilulelo1122

Reaction score
The red ragosta has a lot more texture though, in general the new collection is more singletons, even if it has texture it stat pretty unidirectional (ie not donegal kind of multi color I suppose)

Damn the donegal stuff of the Antonio era was unreal. I regret not copping the navy donegal overcoat a few seasons ago.

dkboze

Reaction score
Anybody who has the blue/black girocollo Fair Isle cotton sweater from last fall, did it shrink in the wash for you? Found a large but it's too big and wondering if I'll be able to shrink it down or if I should return it

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anybody who has the blue/black girocollo Fair Isle cotton sweater from last fall, did it shrink in the wash for you? Found a large but it's too big and wondering if I'll be able to shrink it down or if I should return it

Not a good look to wash but DM me as it’s one of the pieces I wanted but never picked up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads