• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

everyday

Reaction score
I picked up various sport shirts I hope don't come in wonky sizes. If not, I guess it will be good sewing practice.

cp3

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what "front rise from under belt" means from that seller's sizing descriptions? Looking at the surplus chinos for example. What is the measurement method?
Apparently it's common in Europe to measure the rise from underneath the height of the waistband. Probably safe to add about an inch generally, though it looks like a little more than that for the surplus chino.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently it's common in Europe to measure the rise from underneath the height of the waistband. Probably safe to add about an inch generally, though it looks like a little more than that for the surplus chino.

Thanks. Do you know if he's measuring on the other end from the crotch seam or the lowest point of the pants when laid flat?

ShooIn

Reaction score
I picked up various sport shirts I hope don't come in wonky sizes. If not, I guess it will be good sewing practice.

The shirts I've sourced from there have all been perfectly good with regards to size. I think you will be fine.

I'm finding it hard to keep the right balance between expanding my wardrobe with stuff I know I love, with saving some cash for upcoming drops.

everyday

Reaction score
The shirts I've sourced from there have all been perfectly good with regards to size. I think you will be fine.

I'm finding it hard to keep the right balance between expanding my wardrobe with stuff I know I love, with saving some cash for upcoming drops.

Thanks!

I think it really helps to have a list of items you want / need (replacements, etc).

forsan

Reaction score
Picked up the black cord surplus chino as well as the Carhartt-inspired white pants off eBay. The latter is a bit outside my comfort zone but excited to give it a try.

Dandy_dapper

Reaction score
You can't really call yourself an Antonio-era Eidos fan unless you own one of the limited edition lapel pin trophy's. They sent me one of these after I ordered my 100th Lupo:

lwenvOf.jpg
So nice!

Chambertin

Reaction score
Very excited, I just ordered from the ebay seller's sale, the navy Ragosta. I needed a new fall jacket and this will be perfect for a planned trip to northern Italy in the fall.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very excited, I just ordered from the ebay seller's sale, the navy Ragosta. I needed a new fall jacket and this will be perfect for a planned trip to northern Italy in the fall.

You snagged the medium? Was eying it for a while.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads