• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

pfr0g

Reaction score
Thanks, I figured it was a stretch that it could be a fake, given the craftsmanship not sure I would care either ;)

The model is "primo". I wouldn't think the pattern would be something completely unique but it's the exact cloth.

My thought was that possibly both jackets were made in the same shop in Italy and possibly I was getting a model, that, as you said, is a one off and not the level of the construction, silhouette as finishes found in "mainstream" Eidos. That seems unlikely as I don't see Isiaia, Edios and LBM all being related. The jackets though are very similar looking (lapel width, gourge height, button stance er cetera)

In any event I like both jackets and am keeping both; was more curious than anything on the provenance of this piece.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, I figured it was a stretch that it could be a fake, given the craftsmanship not sure I would care either ;)

The model is "primo". I wouldn't think the pattern would be something completely unique but it's the exact cloth.

My thought was that possibly both jackets were made in the same shop in Italy and possibly I was getting a model, that, as you said, is a one off and not the level of the construction, silhouette as finishes found in "mainstream" Eidos. That seems unlikely as I don't see Isiaia, Edios and LBM all being related. The jackets though are very similar looking (lapel width, gourge height, button stance er cetera)

In any event I like both jackets and am keeping both; was more curious than anything on the provenance of this piece.

Antonio can correct me if I'm wrong, but Isaia most likely produced this (or Michaelangelo).

It doesn't fit the same as the Bloomies one bc the model—Primo—is the slimmest Eidos has produced, and generally not available. It's slimmer, specifically, so that is likely the cause of the difference in fit (Drape as you put it).

Primo is actually my favorite eidos model. Nearly perfect. And I've been eyeing that green jacket in my size.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fabrics are rarely exclusive to one and only maker.
They simply used the same cloth, there's nothing unusual in that.

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Wonder if someone can enlighten me to what season this jacket may be from?

I purchased it from eBay

Jacket is nice, doesn't fit or drape as well as the one I tried at Bloomingdales, that could be because of the fabric (40 silk, 35 Linen, 25 wool) and a different model (midsection is 1/4-1/2 smaller).

Browsing yoox, to my surprise, is see this jacket that seems similar, nie exact (save patch vs flap) with the same fabric from Luigi Bianch Mantova.

i have an LBM jacket and ii is certainly not as nice as the edios (read fused) and the silhouette is also lacking in comparison.

I guess my question is the Edios I picked up the genuine article and the houses just happen to acquire the same fabric and design similar jackets?

As a side note: I also picked up this other Eidos jacket that I absolutely LOVE the fabric. I want to make a giant blanket of this fabric and live in it.

The fabric was from our Ischia collection and it was open piece goods from the mill E. Thomas. Isaia also had it in their collection and I'm not suprised to see LBM used it as well as it is a beautiful cloth. We design a lot of exclusive textiles at this point but I will throw in an open goods fabric if it fits in with our seasonal colors and this one did.

Last edited:

veloaudio

Reaction score
Matera arrived and the fit is perfect for me (usual size 50). I can where it with a t-shirt or heavy layering. Thanks to all the rain on the East Coast I began to break it properly today.

tee84

Reaction score
All this Matera talk is making me interested...Anyone have hot tips on where to score a size 46? Checked with MP3 and Gentry, but no luck in my size, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pfr0g

Reaction score
Antonio, very much appreciate the reply. The cloth is indeed stunning, as is all of your collections. Love the jackets and the brand, you have a very happy new customer.

Best

Nick

Last edited:

pfr0g

Reaction score
Alex- thanks for your input, just never saw this before so it took me back a bit is all. Guess it's comman place. The fabric and color is very nice so I guess it no surprise it was used by others.

Moss- thanks for your feedback as well. it certainly is trimmer than the Bloomingdales one, letting out 1/2 inch from the waist should do it for me. It is otherwise perfect. I was forced into a 40r to get the other jacket which is large and cut fuller. I like it well enough to have the chest and waist taken in.

If you are considering the green jacket I would grab it, the color and pattern is stunning. Has a light weave, quarter lined, perfect spring summer.

jpo

Reaction score

Wonder if someone can enlighten me to what season this jacket may be from?

I purchased it from eBay

Jacket is nice, doesn't fit or drape as well as the one I tried at Bloomingdales, that could be because of the fabric (40 silk, 35 Linen, 25 wool) and a different model (midsection is 1/4-1/2 smaller).

Browsing yoox, to my surprise, is see this jacket that seems similar, nie exact (save patch vs flap) with the same fabric from Luigi Bianch Mantova.

i have an LBM jacket and ii is certainly not as nice as the edios (read fused) and the silhouette is also lacking in comparison.

I guess my question is the Edios I picked up the genuine article and the houses just happen to acquire the same fabric and design similar jackets?

As a side note: I also picked up this other Eidos jacket that I absolutely LOVE the fabric. I want to make a giant blanket of this fabric and live in it.

I think Haberdash sold this, if I remember correctly. I tried it on at one time and loved it. Went back and my size was gone.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I got a preview of Marcus Malmborg's new webshop this morning (which should be live by midweek at the latest). Fans of proper Eidos tailoring (read Tenero, Ciro and Sal trousers) should get excited. His assortment is amazing.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I got a preview of Marcus Malmborg's new webshop this morning (which should be live by midweek at the latest). Fans of proper Eidos tailoring (read Tenero, Ciro and Sal trousers) should get excited. His assortment is amazing.

:slayer:

JIMB

Reaction score
@NickPollica what time is the unionmade event? Or is it more just setting up the stock?

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Such a good move by Marcus. Good e-shops drive physical sales, esp when you have a location where you can't just walk in a and look around like he does.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can someone comment on the difference between Lorenzo and NMWA cut (as in someone who had wore both, not just measurements)? My main is how open the quarters are. I remember when Greg first post his fitting picture in Lorenzo the quarters looks ridiculously open (according to Greg it's more to do with hip than jacket), and less quarter opening was one of the thing I remember the NMWA cut changed so just wondering if anyone can comment on that

p.s. in case someone else is interested, there is a Lorenzo in 46R on B&S

p.s.s. has anyone tried to alter NMWA or Lorenzo cut's jacket length (probably just need to chop 0.5~0.75 in off Lorenzo, NMWA's cut in regular would require too much chopping for my height), given how curved it is seems like a lot easier to f* up the proportion

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads