• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@NickPollica and/or anyone in the know - will any store be stocking the following dark color of the Donegal Rollneck? I see that Meyvn and Mr. Porter have the light grey version, but this one speaks to me more... Thanks!

Nowhere sadly, the light gray yarn was a sub for the dark, which we had some problems with.

^ I want to know where I can find those brown pants.
Martin Patrick has them now and Unionmade will have them online shortly.

ehult

Reaction score

Nowhere sadly, the light gray yarn was a sub for the dark, which we had some problems with.
Martin Patrick has them now and Unionmade will have them online shortly.

Are any of this seasons chinos unhemmed? I've got a 37 inch inseam.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Question for all San Francisco based guys. I am heading out your way to launch the EIDOS shop-in-shop at UNIONMADE on Oct. 14th. Where should I be looking to stay? My knowledge of SF is strictly skate based and I'm not trying to sleep at 3rd and Army. Any advice would be much appreciated.

L2Re

Reaction score
Question for all San Francisco based guys. I am heading out your way to launch the EIDOS shop-in-shop at UNIONMADE on Oct. 14th. Where should I be looking to stay? My knowledge of SF is strictly skate based and I'm not trying to sleep at 3rd and Army. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I'd suggest an airbnb in hayes valley or the mission. Both have great restaurant/bar scenes and a lot of interesting stores, especially hayes valley. Only thing is that both have areas that are not as nice nearby. If you choose one of those neighborhoods, I'd avoid the more northern parts of hayes valley that are close to western edition/the fillmore and some of the more south eastern parts of the mission.

Some other neighborhoods you might want to check out are russian hill(nice neighborhood and great restaurants/bars) and noe valley (nice neighborhood but stereotype holds true of everyone with a stroller and a dog).

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whatever you do, try to go to a restaurant called Burma Superstar.........so good!!

It's worth making the time.......

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Happy to report that the Matera is amazing. Incredible fabric and the perfect weight for west coast winters. It's 90 today so I was sweating just looking at it. Here's a craptastic photo. Sized down for a good fit over a shirt.
Sized down in relation to your typical Field Jacket size you mean? I take a 48 in the Field Jacket and a 50 in the Trapunto jacket and was wondering if I would be a 48 or 50 in the Matera.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any advice on sizing for the drawstrings? Tts to waist size?

I haven't had the chance to get back on my experience with the wool/silk drawstring pants until now, but the drawstring pants from Barney's were worth the wait. Material is great. As far as fit, I went with my typical Eidos size in pants (EU 50 /US 34) and it was the right choice. The fit through the thigh and legs is slim, but not tight. I actually like the fit throughout better on this version than the spring/summer version of the drawstrings, which were a bit more roomy throughout. My only minor criticism/more like personal preference is that I wish the waist was a bit smaller. The drawstrings do allow for the waist to be cinched up pretty tight so they aren't falling down, but they are just a touch bigger than I would have hoped. They are lined to the knee, but the wool/silk blend material is not irritating at all so that's not an issue. Thought I'd let you guys know in case any of you are sensitive to wool and were wondering, I don't suspect these would be an issue. If they were a rougher all wool then maybe, but these are more elegant.

I'm definitely keeping these though and look forward to wearing them when the temps cool down.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I haven't had the chance to get back on my experience with the wool/silk drawstring pants until now, but the drawstring pants from Barney's were worth the wait. Material is great. As far as fit, I went with my typical Eidos size in pants (EU 50 /US 34) and it was the right choice. The fit through the thigh and legs is slim, but not tight. I actually like the fit throughout better on this version than the spring/summer version of the drawstrings, which were a bit more roomy throughout. My only minor criticism/more like personal preference is that I wish the waist was a bit smaller. The drawstrings do allow for the waist to be cinched up pretty tight so they aren't falling down, but they are just a touch bigger than I would have hoped. They are lined to the knee, but the wool/silk blend material is not irritating at all so that's not an issue. Thought I'd let you guys know in case any of you are sensitive to wool and were wondering, I don't suspect these would be an issue. If they were a rougher all wool then maybe, but these are more elegant.

I'm definitely keeping these though and look forward to wearing them when the temps cool down.

Hmmm, thanks for your feedback. Mine are being delivered today.

touchthesky

Reaction score
Is the wool/silk fabric of the drawsting durable? I'm looking at picking up either a tenero or augusto in that same material, but am wondering if the fabric will stretch or tear easily with use. Also, is it appropriate for 3 seasons?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member