• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

GheeButtersnaps

Reaction score
@NickPollica

I love the whipcord fabric (both sage and chocolate) of the Sam pants at NMWA, but the fit doesn't agree with me. Are there other make-ups using this fabric?

I saw Mr. Porter had these interesting Ambro trousers, but their currently out of stock in my size and I haven't found another stockist with the Ambro trousers.

Thanks!

Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the style of that painter smock, should give us a visual example of how we should be rocking it Antonio.

Btw sorry if this was answered already but how do the blazer shirts run in size say compared to the Tenero or other styles?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

[@=/u/84050/NickPollica]@NickPollica[/@]

I love the whipcord fabric (both sage and chocolate) of the Sam pants at NMWA, but the fit doesn't agree with me. Are there other make-ups using this fabric? 

I saw Mr. Porter had these interesting Ambro trousers, but their currently out of stock in my size and I haven't found another stockist with the Ambro trousers.

Thanks! 

What was the issue with the Sam? If it was the high rise you won't like the Ambro because they're just as high. If it was the slimness of the Sam you should try sizing up and bringing the waist in.

I believe Gentry also has the Ambro but hasn't put it online as of yet.

Love the style of that painter smock, should give us a visual example of how we should be rocking it Antonio.

Btw sorry if this was answered already but how do the blazer shirts run in size say compared to the Tenero or other styles?

I'll leave the visuals to Mr. Majd...(full campaign drops tomorrow on gqstyle.com)

I also really like it with a white, indigo, or simple striped tee. I feel like its best thought about as lightweight casual outerwear so there's a lot of options.

The "blazer shirt" is our Augusto model, which is all the tailoring I really wear these days. You can see Quinton in his exploded glenplaid (available at Saks) one below:

That's a size 50/M (he's about 6'2") and he wears a 50 Tenero as well. I'd say that while the general fit is similar, it feels completely different than our other models. As I stated before, there is nothing inside - no canvas, no fusible, completely without structure - so that it wears like your favorite sweater. This is a strictly casual jacket that is cut deliberately short so ties feel out of place. Its meant for lending some polish to most men's everyday lives and compliments jeans, chinos, tees, and cashmere perfectly.

Last edited:

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The augusto looks like its made to be worn with the collar up or somehow askew. Need to pick one up sometime.

Does anyone know how much the unlined cross-loafers will stretch? These seem like the right size to keep my heel from slipping, but they're pretty tight in the toe box.

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The augusto looks like its made to be worn with the collar up or somehow askew. Need to pick one up sometime.

Yessir - here's a quick and dirty photo of how I usually wear my indigo knit pique one from last spring's Gentry buy. Also, side bar, now you guys know what part of my home office looks like.

Last edited:

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is pretty much exactly the look I wore yesterday, aside from rocking a rollneck instead of a crewneck. Also wore a duffle on top and I see you have one in the background. Gotta check these augustos out.

Does/will Marcus have this style? It seems his focus is on the tailored side (which is also very nice, but I use a different supplier for that). I usually get this style of jacket from Camoshita and Barena. Would be nice to get more options since Camoshita is so hard to get and I am not crazy about most barena designs, although I do love the one I have.

Edit: this one was straight fire, although Mr Porter messes up the feel of the garment as usual:

https://www.mrporter.com/en-se/mens...tured-silk-and-wool-blend-blazer/747157?ppv=2

Don't know why, but Mr Porter just totally makes me
not like any of its wares. Somehow takes objectively great stuff and makes it feel sterilized, dry and bad looking.

Last edited:

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
@NickPollica, I'm really digging the slouchy vibe of the ollie cable crew as pictured here and elsewhere. I had the chance to check it out in person and while the knit is definitely comfortable and slouchy, the neck is not as loose as I would have expected based on the photos. Did you guys size up for the fall campaign shoot?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@NickPollica, I'm really digging the slouchy vibe of the ollie cable crew as pictured here and elsewhere. I had the chance to check it out in person and while the knit is definitely comfortable and slouchy, the neck is not as loose as I would have expected based on the photos. Did you guys size up for the fall campaign shoot?

Yep - Both Hooman and myself are wearing size L.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Antonio, do you think with living in S. Fl. that I'd get much use from the NMWA "Sam" trousers.

NMWA says they are "medium weight" but I don't know how that translates to my weather down here. To me, my Big John jeans are medium weight.

I have a pair of Schneider moleskin trousers which are thick/warm wearing. Are they thicker/warmer wearing than moleskin?

Thanks!

Anyone here buy a pair of them?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads