• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im still waiting! technically Nevis is the Ecton (old shoe model, square apron) boot. Might be a cool project - cant wait to see the final product

I came across this Nevis with round apron while googling for inspirational ideas. These are on 202 and look pretty much like the Cranleigh (aside from the curved arrow head and shaft). After seeing this, I think I prefer Nevis with square apron.

Nevis round apron.jpg

zargoz

Reaction score
I came across this Nevis with round apron while googling for inspirational ideas. These are on 202 and look pretty much like the Cranleigh (aside from the curved arrow head and shaft). After seeing this, I think I prefer Nevis with square apron.

View attachment 1757315
Man, that's a great looking make up, but yeah, 606 would be even jammier.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all--looking for some Galway (82 Last) sizing help.

Looking at the various Utah Calf options available at eg.com or Leffot. EG's sizing chart shows 11UK / 11.5 US / 46EU while Leffot's shows 11UK / 11.5US / 44.5Euro and 11.5UK / 12US / 45EU.

For reference, I own and enjoy the following

Vass - 44 and 44.5 on F
Carmina - 11UK on Inca
Alden - 11.5D on Barrie/Tru, 12D on Plaza/Leydon
C&J - 11UK on 348

for additional context

Adidas - 11.5US (11UK, 46EU)
Nike - 12US (11UK, 46EU)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all--looking for some Galway (82 Last) sizing help.

Looking at the various Utah Calf options available at eg.com or Leffot. EG's sizing chart shows 11UK / 11.5 US / 46EU while Leffot's shows 11UK / 11.5US / 44.5Euro and 11.5UK / 12US / 45EU.

For reference, I own and enjoy the following

Vass - 44 and 44.5 on F
Carmina - 11UK on Inca
Alden - 11.5D on Barrie/Tru, 12D on Plaza/Leydon
C&J - 11UK on 348

for additional context

Adidas - 11.5US (11UK, 46EU)
Nike - 12US (11UK, 46EU)
I size up .5 from my CJ shoes for EG. 82 last is kind of tight around toe area.

+1 on that. If possible and when in doubt, head on over to Leffot for a fitting.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you both for the input; unfortunately as to a fit session, I’m on the west coast

Two and a half things come to mind.

The SF community is pretty helpful, and there's so many guys who are located within the same city. You could always ask on the forum if there's anyone close to you that can allow you to try on their shoes. It's also a great way to make an acquaintance who shares your passion for menswear.

Secondly, and hopefully no affiliates are reading this haha, look for an online shop that allows returns. Purchase two sizes of two lasts that you are interested in. Keep the one or two that fits and you like best.
If none work, you could always return them all.

On a similar note, reach out to some of these U.S. EG retailers. Tell them you are interested in a last. Ask them to send out a floor sample for sizing. You'd have to fork over the price for shipping both ways and have to have a deposit placed on your card, but if they agree takes care of the mystery of sizing, as well as the pressure of having to be gentle with a brand new pair.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two and a half things come to mind.

The SF community is pretty helpful, and there's so many guys who are located within the same city. You could always ask on the forum if there's anyone close to you that can allow you to try on their shoes. It's also a great way to make an acquaintance who shares your passion for menswear.

Secondly, and hopefully no affiliates are reading this haha, look for an online shop that allows returns. Purchase two sizes of two lasts that you are interested in. Keep the one or two that fits and you like best.

On a similar note, reach out to some of these U.S. EG retailers. Tell them you are interested in a last. Ask them to send out a floor sample for sizing. You'd have to fork over the price for shipping both ways and have to have a deposit placed on your card, but if they agree takes care of the mystery of sizing, as well as the pressure of having to be gentle with a brand new pair.
If @El Argentino is west coast - Isn’t Gentleman’s Footwear in San Diego? A bit further north you’ve got Khaki’s if they have any stock.

downunderdoc

Reaction score

+1 to this - Matches Fashion and Mr Porter have both been very helpful ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads