• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skoak has one more space left for the exact same color combo and last Galway- Dark Oak and Walnut CC on 82 last ..

It's my favorite leather/color combination for a boot on the last I hate most.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Skoak has one more space left for the exact same color combo and last Galway- Dark Oak and Walnut CC on 82 last ..

I agree with you Nikola, this is not my favourite last, I would love the same colour combination on the 202 or 64 last with a medway or ridgeway sole! I will visit the shop next saturday as it is the last day before they closed for refurbishment so I will ask them if this can be done.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ That is probably my favorite boot, period. I already have it on order. Sorry that was a response to Nikola's post.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aha, well, my fault then. I thought those were the old news now .. Thought it could be purchased as a stock model like an 82 or 64 last in a certain color ..

Could we make a group of 3 pair and pay the 202 last as a stock model? Like you are doing with the 82 last?

Oh, well .. I must have badly understood the skoak sale manager. When I asked him about order of Galway on 202 last, he told me there is a one sport left for a Galway in Dark Oak/Walnut CC if I want to join. He obviously meant on Galway on 82 last, even though I asked about the 202 last specifically ..

Paying the full price + MTO price is just too much only to get the 202 last Galway boot. And I am not much optimistic about collecting 6 guys here over the Galway on 202 last.

But, if someone is willing, let's make the list:

@pandaologist
, would you be interested in 202 MTO ?

That would be 2 of us? We need 4 more ? :p ..

I think Dark Oak/ Walnut CC would be a great choice .. If not, you could propose .. As long as it doesn't have the suede ..

I may be interested but I am do not know that yet. I am interested in either DO/WCC Galway on 82 last F width or 202 last E width but I will have to work out the sizing first. Whoever wants to keep the list please put me on as maybe.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with you Nikola, this is not my favourite last, I would love the same colour combination on the 202 or 64 last with a medway or ridgeway sole! I will visit the shop next saturday as it is the last day before they closed for refurbishment so I will ask them if this can be done.
I might be in on that if it is on the 202 last and medway/ridgeway sole - if we get enough people of course. But I would probably not be in on it if it is the 64 last.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I sympathize 82/888 does not work for me either.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's make it happen, damn it!

Would you guys be IN for a Galway on 202 last in Dark Oak/ Walnut Country Calf with Dainite rubber sole? It would be a killer boot!

I think because @Leaves / Skoak didn't have them as a stock model, we would need to gather the 6 pairs for a MTO at a price of a regular Galway boot! Please Confirm. Also, inform us on price ..

@Farhad19620
@budapest12
@pandaologist
@laufer
@Nikola

Last edited:

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Farhad said ridgeway/medway. I know it's a bit of a contradiction with the dressier dark oak but I like it over Dainite and it's what would push me toward 202, because I understand the 82 last can't be done with ridgeway/medway. If Dainite, I'd just go for 82 last which fits me well. Sorry...

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I won't make questions about the sole! I intend wearing them in snow/rain, so Medway or ridgeway may be even better option. I JUST WANT THEM ON 202! let's hear others ..

5 potentially interested

Last edited:

pandaologist

Reaction score
Farhad said ridgeway/medway. I know it's a bit of a contradiction with the dressier dark oak but I like it over Dainite and it's what would push me toward 202, because I understand the 82 last can't be done with ridgeway/medway. If Dainite, I'd just go for 82 last which fits me well. Sorry...
I have narrow feet and require a B fitting. Ridgeway and medway soles cannot be fitted to a shoe this narrow. EG refuse to do it. My only options are Dainite studded and leather.

So if we go with ridgeway/medway then I can no longer be in on this.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Let's make it happen, damn it!

Would you guys be IN for a Galway on 202 last in Dark Oak/ Walnut Country Calf with Dainite rubber sole? It would be a killer boot!

I think because @Leaves
/ Skoak didn't have them as a stock model, we would need to gather the 6 pairs for a MTO at a price of a regular Galway boot! Please Confirm. Also, inform us on price ..

@Farhad19620

@budapest12

@pandaologist

@laufer

@Nikola

Should be sweet. I ordered the 82 version but in F width. I may have been in on this version but am going to stick with what I just ordered. Best of luck

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So amazing that all 4 of these are the same model. Each one has its own look and purpose. Maybe 2 Galways isn't enough...

Agreed completely. Between the combination of various lasts and mixing of materials it's incredible how varied the makeups can look

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have narrow feet and require a B fitting. Ridgeway and medway soles cannot be fitted to a shoe this narrow. EG refuse to do it. My only options are Dainite studded and leather.

So if we go with ridgeway/medway then I can no longer be in on this.

This is correct Sir, it will also not look good on the ridgeway/medway sole IMHO, everyone has their own preferences of last, colour and sole which is good, nothing wrong with it as everyones feet are not the same hence I would stay away from a group order. I am sure we all will understand @Leaves will not be able to please everyone.

If not a group order then for sure you may be able to place an order from the shop directly but this may come an extra premium!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads