• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was back and forth between 64 and 202. I dress on the more casual side and like a bit more generous last. Ultimately I went 202 based off the advice of my "SF spiritual advisors" as well as not really needing Veldt construction and wanting a storm welt.

Ok. I personally also prefer the 202 to the 64, so I am all with you there. And how come you choose the 202 for the second boot, and not the 82 as on the first? Was it because you wanted something less sleek and dressy than the 82?

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ok. I personally also prefer the 202 to the 64, so I am all with you there. And how come you choose the 202 for the second boot, and not the 82 as on the first? Was it because you wanted something less sleek and dressy than the 82?

Yes. That is exactly why

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ryden broke the seal now his accountant is on line 1.....told you so. Good news Alden cordovan seems like a bargain eh?

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Below are the Galway boots I have on four different last's which may be helpful From the left to right and from top to bottom. 1, on the 64E last , true to size and the most comfortable with normal socks 2, on the 202 E last, true to size and comfortable. 3, on the 82E last , looks the best but not the most comfortable boots! I had to go for a half size up. 4, on the 64F last , comfortable but with thick winter socks, I wear them with Falke 2 socks. 5, I am looking to add another pair soon! LOL hope this helps in making your decision on which last to go for.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great looking collection. Thanks for posting

I would have thought that the dark oak boot was 82 and not 202

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Had same thought. Great collection.

I think it might be though because if you go by top to bottom than it follows the number system to be on 82. I think the top pic should be right to left abd not left to right

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here, are you sure Dark Oak Boot is 202 last? It is too pointy.

edit: I think you are right @rydenfan

Last edited:

prurient

Reaction score

Can't believe these have been sitting in their box until today.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it might be though because if you go by top to bottom than it follows the number system to be on 82. I think the top pic should be right to left abd not left to right

This makes a lot more sense.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had previously requested pricing prior to the rule changes so it was slightly different process for me.

Galway #1
Skoaktiebolaget stocked model of DOAK and Walnut CC
Only change is I went F width as I was slightly concerned about the narrowness of the 82

Galway #2 (MTO)
202 Last
Edwardian and Almond CC
Storm Welt with Natural Edge Trim
Double Leather Sole

They are Yin & Yang Galways
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Dark and light, yet complimentary

The second one sounds very interesting, I can't wait to see your pictures once you get it.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great looking collection. Thanks for posting I would have thought that the dark oak boot was 82 and not 202
Ok, this is the colour from top to bottom 1st from top on the picture , Last 64E rosewood country calf with shearling suede 2nd , Last 202 E , Almond country calf. 3rd, Last 82E dark oak and walnut country calf. 4Th , this is the Holland&Holland boot on 64F last and a lighter shade of Rosewood.

Last edited:

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't believe these have been sitting in their box until today.

Are those Bordon in Cloud Antique on 202 last? There was one pair left on sale in Jermyn store in my size, but I never saw my self wearing the gray shoes. Though, they look lovely.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Ok, this is the colour from top to bottom 1st from top on the picture , Last 64E rosewood country calf with shearling suede 2nd , Last 202 E , Almond country calf. 3rd, Last 82E dark oak and walnut country calf. 4Th , this is the Holland&Holland boot on 64F last and a lighter shade of Rosewood.
So amazing that all 4 of these are the same model. Each one has its own look and purpose. Maybe 2 Galways isn't enough...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads