• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alan K C

Reaction score
Shannons today. I don't typically wear these outside of suits but I had a blue theme going today so why not.
smile.gif

10212827534_7aa7bc5c70.jpg
I love them!

Anyone plan to attend the EG Factory sale tomorrow? Want to see if anyone could help me pick up something there.
worship.gif

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Farhad!

Yes, you're right. The doak on my Galways is a bit lighter compared to some of my other shoes in doak (Inverness + Dover). However, it is just as light a shade as the doak used on my Westministers, which almost looks like burnt pine. It would seem as though doak batches differ somewhat in tone...

Nice rug also, Hoo.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought I will give a brief report on the EG Factory sale I went to this morning and have just returned.

On arrival we were given a ticket and had to wait until called, I had to wait about and hour and a half!

Prices were starting from GBP 295 to 540 depending on the model and type of fault.

When I went to pay all my shoes were around the 500 mark , I asked the lady why I was so unlucky and she told me that you have picked the shoes with the least faults! to be honest I could not even notice any!

The sale was not good for me as they had nothing very nice or interesting except for one pair which I liked in my size but a few friends had asked me to look out for them, so I will offer what I have to them at cost plus postage and if there is any that they do not want I will list them for sale here.

The best selection on size were 9/9.5 10 and 11 but there were no boots , I was hoping to pick up another pair of Galway for myself but the only Galway I got get my hands on were in a 9.5E Dark oak and minsk suede 82 last, some lucky person will be very happy with them! There was a very good selection in size 5/6/7 and 7.5!

The shoe bags were an additional 5 pounds a pair and the shoe trees were GBP 70/=

The only pair I picked up in my size was a Pair of Monmouth on the 888 last, I will post picture's later.

Alan K C

Reaction score
The best selection on size were 9/9.5 10 and 11 but there were no boots , I was hoping to pick up another pair of Galway for myself but the only Galway I got get my hands on were in a 9.5E Dark oak and minsk suede 82 last, some lucky person will be very happy with them! There was a very good selection in size 5/6/7 and 7.5!

On well, I wear 6.5/7E.Wish I was there to get some boots.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for the update.

I should have my three pair on Wednesday.

Wow, what did you get? I have to stay on sidelines 82/888 lasts are not meant for my feet and I have experience with other EG lasts so I am not willing to take chance. I mean shoes on 82/888 lasts really hurt my feet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads