• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let the Galway onslaught begin!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
A few pictures of my newly purchased Galways on the 82 last, in dark oak and walnut country calf. Single Dainite soles and size UK 9E. Enjoy! I am looking forward to the contributions from the rest of you guys, later this week. [Beautiful boots hoodog , enjoy and thanks for sharing. There is only one thing I noticed on these, the colour of the dark oak is not as dark as my boots maybe it is made with a different batch of leather or the lighting but in the real also my boots are very dark.

Last edited:

Arethusa406

Reaction score
Shoe trees are included in the Brooks Brothers prices for Edward Green shoes - that's about $130 built-in.

You mean at Brooks Brothers?  ... I just won't pay their $1500 asking price for shoes that sell for $1,100 - $1,200 just about any place else.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At this particular retailer (Robert Jones Menswear), I have never seen EG shoes discounted.  But their prices are better than those of the only other Toronto EG retailer (Brooks Brothers).

Thanks for the reply RogerP. It looks like they have Galways in stock too. It's the exact same make-up as Brooks Brothers.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Thanks Farhad!

Yes, you're right. The doak on my Galways is a bit lighter compared to some of my other shoes in doak (Inverness + Dover). However, it is just as light a shade as the doak used on my Westministers, which almost looks like burnt pine. It would seem as though doak batches differ somewhat in tone...

Last edited:

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Just catching up on this thread and these are gorgeous, any chance of anymore pics?

I was thinking about getting a Carmina austerity brogue boot in navy shell but may switch to ordering a pair of these instead. Do EG do group MTO's and is anyone else interested?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys, besides woodlore's epic trees, may I know which other 3rd party trees are a good fit for EG 888? Thanks!

I use BB brass knob trees for most of my shoes. I usually pick them up on one of the 40% sales.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shannons today. I don't typically wear these outside of suits but I had a blue theme going today so why not. :)
10212827534_7aa7bc5c70.jpg

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice!

May I ask what brand your jeans are? I like the colour...

Cheers,
SKM

Thanks! Jeans are made by... wait for it... Gap. :thumbs-up:

Can anyone confirm the maker and last of this boot? The website says made in England but goes no further. RL's customer service was no help.

those are made by C&J.

^^ very striking.

Those Shannons are absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads