• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lurker33

Reaction score
Why is it not possible to resole veldt boots?
One thing i can think of is that it's similar to stitchdown where you ideally stitch the same holes by hand, as to not punch new ones.
But even if they used a machine (which they certainly would), i don't see why its an issue. Unless the issues arise because they completely rebuild in addition to relasting the boots when sending them in for a resole.
That would surprise me, because they told me they won't change the welt to a stormwelt if i sent a pair in for a resole, making me believe they only change the outsole.

Jon 1981

Reaction score
EG for RLPL made in 2007 called the "Barend"

Were the leathers better in the "olden days" compared to today?

Attachments

• 20241017_150531.jpg
    20241017_150531.jpg
    642.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20241017_150511.jpg
    20241017_150511.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 20241017_150522.jpg
    20241017_150522.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 91

Edwardthomlin

Reaction score
For anyone who has been to an Edward Green trunk show recently, can you share the latest details about prices with MTO? Apologies if it has been recently covered before.

Do you pay an initial deposit and then the remaining balance when the shoe is ready? Or is the full amount due at the time of order? I’m sure it depends on the types of leather and details, but roughly how much more is MTO compared to a RTW shoe?

I’m interested in the Dover or Montpellier. I’m hoping to figure out the right size during an upcoming trunk show.

symphvaria

Reaction score
For anyone who has been to an Edward Green trunk show recently, can you share the latest details about prices with MTO? Apologies if it has been recently covered before.

Do you pay an initial deposit and then the remaining balance when the shoe is ready? Or is the full amount due at the time of order? I’m sure it depends on the types of leather and details, but roughly how much more is MTO compared to a RTW shoe?

I’m interested in the Dover or Montpellier. I’m hoping to figure out the right size during an upcoming trunk show.
You pay the full amount to the retailer holding the trunk show before your order is confirmed.

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eternellegoldday